Juicing for weight loss has become a popular way to get rid of those extra pounds. It was even promoted by celebrities. The majority of people might be aware of those juices you can purchase from stores, and I am sure that many of you know that homemade juices are better and healthier. Juicing hasn’t always been popular, but due to claims that it sheds pounds, this method has started to be seen as a miracle treatment. Is it juicing as good as fans claim? Let’s see both its pros and cons.
The Pros and Cons of Juicing for Weight Loss
Juicing for Weight Loss Advantages
- Absorbing nutrients. Natural juices will provide you with plenty of nutrition goodness. It improves digestion. Through juicing, your organism gets all the necessary minerals, vitamins, and enzymes. Instead of taking a multivitamin, you can drink juices which also taste good.
- Packing a lot of fruits and vegetables. In one single juice, you can add plenty of veggies to your diet. To maximize your nutrient consumption, make sure to mix vegetables with fruits. Combine green leaves with carrots, and other ingredients.
- Controlling calories intake. As you all know, fresh juices are made of vegetables and fruits. This is why the number of calories contained in these drinks are quite low. Unlike smoothies, juices don’t have other ingredients such as milk or yogurt.
- Eliminating food waste. You can add fruits and vegetables that are about to spoil into your fresh juices. It is an effective way to reduce food waste and spend less money on groceries. Juicing for weight loss helps you get the most out of different products that are about to go bad.
Juicing for Weight Loss Disadvantages
- Removing fibers. Even though this might make the nutrients being quicker absorbed by the body, fibers are also good for your digestive system. Juicing for weight loss removes all these fibers. After all, you will still consume all the nutrients from fruits and vegetables, even when you don’t prepare them as juices.
- Being a poor meal replacement. Juices contain mostly water along other elements such as sugar and nutrients. You will not feel full after a juice Don’t try to replace breakfast with liquids. If you do this, you will soon feel hungry again. Instead, try to drink these juices as snacks.
- Not necessarily losing weight. As I previously mentioned, only drinking juices will make you feel hungry all the time. This is why you might not lose weight as you want. Solid foods play an important role in everybody’s diet. They help you obtain satiety. Also, some juices might have the same number of calories as a solid meal.
- Consuming too much sugar. Don’t think that if you prepare them at home, juices don’t have a high sugar level. They contain natural sugar, which is called fructose. This is why, it is better and healthier to eat vegetables and fruits as they are, instead of juicing them. To make one juice you need to add more than just one single fruit. Think about the amount of sugar contained in a glass of juice.
Juicing for weight loss can help your body only if you mix it with solid foods. If you want to eliminate solid meals, try to keep this detox diet as short as you can. A one-day detox will be enough. After that, you should return to your normal yet balanced eating habits. Excesses are bad in every form, even when drinking too much fresh and natural juice. Instead, eliminate processed foods from your diet, and drink juices as snacks.
Image source: 1