If your goal is to lose weight, then getting up on the scale is an important part of it. What you must understand is that this tool is not your enemy, it is just a way to determine your weight loss progress. The common belief seems to be the following: you shouldn’t weigh yourself more often than one time per week. Others say you should do it daily to keep track of how close you are to accomplish your objective. This is quite a controversial subject. Keep reading to find out useful information on how to weigh yourself.
Why Is It Important to Weight Yourself?
- It shows you how much you have progressed. Usually, losing weight makes your muscles weaker. This is the case if you don’t follow a healthy and balanced diet as well as if you don’t exercise regularly. If your scale shows the same number of pounds, even though you work hard to lose those extra pounds, you should probably change the strategy.
- It shows whether or not you lose weight in a healthy way. There is an ideal rate of losing weight. If you get rid of more than maximum 4.4 pounds per week, it might affect your health. Make sure your body is moving forward in the right direction. Also, don’t forget to maintain your health. As you can see, another tip on how to weigh yourself is closely watching the changing speed of your body mass.
How to Weigh Yourself? Things to Consider
- Weigh yourself in the morning. The best time to check whether or not you have lost some pounds, is in the morning, right before having breakfast. Also, you shouldn’t wear clothes or shoes. Every bite of food you ingest will show on the scale. Avoid getting on the scale multiple times per day. It will only confuse you because you will see different numbers.
- Weight yourself daily, weekly, monthly. Yes, that’s right! A daily weighing might not work for everybody. The best method is doing it weekly. This is also the sane way to find out how much pounds you have lost. However, some of you might prefer a monthly weighing; although, this last option is not recommended.
- Use a new digital scale. These tools have plenty of useful options such as showing you your body mass index as well as your body fat percentage. Don’t forget that BMI has a slower change rate compared to general weight.
- Place the scale on a hard and even surface. Don’t put it on the carpet because it might show an inaccurate result. Also, try to stand as still as possible, making sure that your weight is distributed evenly on both feet.
Weighing Mistakes That Many People Do
- Weighing yourself daily might be a mistake. Even drinking a glass of water might make your scale show a higher weight. Instead, try to do it one time per week. It is the healthiest way.
- Using a digital scale might not be the best solution. Not many of you know that this type of scale is not always accurate. Its results depend on different factors such as humidity and temperature.
- Getting up on the scale fully clothed and wearing boots will make you confuse. When it comes to how to weigh yourself, you should do it in the morning, wearing no clothes and no shoes. This way you make sure the result is accurate.
Whether you use the scale or not, the important thing is being happy with the way you look and feeling good about yourself. However, if you want to lose weight, there are some things you should consider. I hope all the tips described above on how to weigh yourself were useful. Make sure you apply them!
Image source: 1