Winter is already here for my husband and me and we know this because our skin tells us so. Together with the low temperatures we also get even drier skin than we already have, itchiness, redness, cracked skin, puffiness and rosacea, to just name a few. It seems that we took the “for better or for worse” line literally, as extremely dry and sensitive skin affects both of us.
Of course, we tried plenty of products. From coconut oil to hydrocortisone creams for the itching, we have been through almost everything in terms of lotions, body washes, creams, medicinal ointments and so on and so forth. Some worked better than others did, but this year we knew we needed to up our ante and find something to truly rely on.
I learned about the existence of the Honeyskin Organics Organic Moisturizer Cream from one of my friends, who is an avid reader of beauty blogs.
Somebody reviewed this cream with such enthusiasm, my friend’s attention was caught and the name of the product stuck with her. Upon mentioning my worries that this winter will again turn my husband and me into scaly zombies, she recommended we tried this product.
She said we should try it to alleviate our regular winter dry skin problems. Since I am open to suggestions from people I trust, I bought this cream a few days later. After all, we have a suitcase of other similar products, adding one more to the collection was not such a big deal.
We started using this cream the second day we bought it, and have been using it for a couple of weeks. Now let me tell you what happens…
Things to Consider before Buying the Honeyskin Organics Organic Moisturizer Cream
According to the label, my friend’s word, and that beauty blogger’s review, this cream was supposed to be the miracle we have been waiting for our entire lives. Well, while the product works just fine (and I will detail things immediately), we feel that some information fell through the cracks and never got to us. One such piece of information is that the jar is very small for one person with a severe rash, eczema, rosacea, or other skin condition, let alone two.
The price, however, seems to describe a tank of product. Do not get me wrong, we are not the type of cheap people, who complain about price tags with any given occasion. Our common skin care costs would have bought us new appliances for the entire house in the last past years. However, the price is just too high for a small amount of product you need to carefully consider which itchy part of your body you need to treat.
The Honeyskin Organics Organic Moisturizer Cream promised us relief and more. However, I will begin with the thing that disappointed me the most, and then list the other things you should know.
- The jar is very small. As I said, something is not right in the quantity-price balance here. The cream is unisex and genderless. I wonder how many jars families have to buy to help the adults and the children on a monthly basis…
- The scent is odd. We have been treating our skin with so many products and medicine, smell does not bother any of us. However, this product says it is fragrance free. It may be, but it still smells weird.
- Organic ingredients… mostly. I do not know where they organically cultivate Titanium Dioxide or Phenoxyethanol, but I sure hope those natural plantations also get organic fertilization and organic water and sunshine.
- Efficiency: Now let’s continue with the good things about this product. It is efficient even if you run out of it quite fast. We got calming results for our skin dryness, redness and itching. The product does soothe and heal your skin while simultaneously nourishing it with the other ingredients, which I hope are more organic than titanium. We both appreciated the very gentle yet effective formula for addressing skin conditions like rosacea, winter itch, and cracked skin, coarse skin on face, redness, and puffiness.
- Multiple purposes and benefits: We learned with great pleasant surprise that this cream also had some cosmetic benefits. I personally found it to be effective for tightening, firming and reducing wrinkles as well as acne scars. These are the issues I think this cream might solve on the long term: cracked skin, damaged skin, dermatitis, dry skin, eczema, fine lines, itchy skin, rosacea, wrinkles, shingles, and sun burns.
- Family-friendly: The cream is good for men and women alike. I do not know about children, but the product’s label says the cream is child-friendly cream.
- Safe ingredients. Besides some of the less natural ingredients in this product, the formula contains medical grade Manuka Honey for healing, botanical ingredients like Cehami and Plumeria for pain and inflammation, as well as MSM, Aloe vera, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Blue Green Algae to soothe and rejuvenate the skin at a cellular level. As I said, the product does truly deliver on its promise from this point of view.
- Expiration date: Never put on your face, hands, or body a product that went past its expiration date, no matter how natural or dermatologically safe it is.
Who Should Buy This Winter Skin Care Product
People of all ages and genders suffering from dermatological problems, extremely dry skin, acne, rashes, athlete’s foot, cracked heels and elbows, fungal or bacterial infections, shingles, stretch marks, and other skin issues.
Who Should Not Buy This Winter Skin Care Product
People who do not necessarily need such winter skin care products to alleviate skin damages. People who manage to go through winter with their regular beauty creams, lotions, serums, or shower gels/body washes. People who want more product for their money.
Honeyskin Organics Organic Moisturizer Cream
After two weeks of using Honeyskin Organics Organic Moisturizer Cream on a daily basis, my review of this product is positive. This product was almost everything what it promised to be – save for some ingredients I do not think that are organic, and for the funny smell. I found it to have good therapeutic and cosmetic value. Now let me sum up the pros and cons of this product – according to our family consensus.
- Excellent for extreme dry skin and dermatological problems
- It has visible cosmetic results
- Excellent for everyday skin winter care and skin treatments
- Too expensive for the quantity of product you get
- Questionable scent
Honeyskin Organics Organic Moisturizer Cream Features and Benefits
My family started using the product two weeks ago. The jar is small and we have to be economical about the product. However, e pea-size drop on a puffy, red, cracked, or ill skin area does work wonders.
- Great for severely dry and damaged skin. After a few uses, you will feel your skin healthier, smoother, and better looking. Besides the alleviation of rosacea, winter itch, extreme skin dryness, and acne scars, you will also get smoother, softer, more moisturized face skin with less wrinkles.
- The texture is thick but not greasy. We appreciate this a lot, because none of us likes to feel our skin covered in fat.
- It is non-allergic and has a 5.5 pH to match your skin’s natural ph. Some people may develop breakouts on their skin after using the product, so make sure the cream matches your skin type.
- The cream is cruelty-free. This is one of the reasons we bought it in the first place, as we do not condone animal testing.
- The product is USA made, which is great, because we also support local entrepreneurs.
- This may also be a good summer product, alleviating perspiration rashes, smelly feet, and other sun-induced skin problems.
Before buying the product, I looked around for reviews, and they seemed positive. The negative ones referred to the product’s side effects (skin stings or breakouts). I was not discouraged by such reviews, because I looked at the ingredients’ list and decided they will work decently for our skin issues and skin type. I would like to confirm that most reviewers are right about this product’s efficiency.
[scrapeazon asin=”B00R3B58VA” width=“700” height=“700” border=”false”]
Alternatives to the Honeyskin Organics Organic Moisturizer Cream
Some of these following products seem to be great competition for this cream. I suggest you analyze them closer and you make the best choice for you and your family. Some offer more product for a similar price. Many also contain natural ingredients.
This is a full-body skin cream, which also comes with dermatological recommendations. It has a thick texture and people confirm it is child friendly. It seems that doctors recommend it for a wide area of dermatological treatments and winter itch relief. I think we will try this as well.
Who Should Use this Winter Cream
People with extremely dry skin and skin problems who want excellent full body protection for the entire family at an affordable price all year long.
Vanicream vs. Honeyskin Cream Comparison
- Vanicream is a full body cream coming in a huge jar;
- Vanicream has a Seal of Acceptance from the National Eczema Association with a 5 out of 5 stars;
- Vanicream is free of dyes, fragrance, lanolin, parabens and formaldehyde;
- Vanicream treats skin problems such as atopic dermatitis (eczema), psoriasis, ichthyosis, winter itch;
- Vanicream is cheaper.
If you want a doctor-recommended winter skin care product that works great and has great reviews, you should try the Vanicream Skin Cream as well. We will certainly try this.
This is another entry on the list of best winter skin care products that people love. It is a lotion for your face, although you can use it on your hands as well. I am not sure it works for men or kids. I am also not sure it works for other areas on your body, which suffer from rosacea, rashes, or cracking skin.
Who Should Use this Winter Lotion
People who have dry and sensitive skin on their face; people who also have some mild dermatological problems.
CeraVe Lotion vs. Honeyskin Cream Comparison
- CeraVe comes with dermatologists’ recommendations;
- CeraVe comes with pediatric control and dermatological testing;
- CeraVe comes in a larger jar;
- CeraVe also comes with sunscreen, being suitable for all-year use;
- CeraVe is almost double in price.
This is an amazing alternative for all people to prevent and treat dermatological issues all year long. CeraVe also comes with cosmetic benefits. You can use it in summer as well – due to the SPF 30 sunscreen. The only flaw of this product, in my opinion, is that it is just a face lotion and not a full-body cream. However, if you want both a nice winter skin care product and a great cosmetic one, you can also try the CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion.
This is a branded product created by La Roche-Posay Laboratories. We use some of this company’s dermatological products and they are decent.
Who Should Use this Winter Balm
People who want good winter skin care with the help of a product containing dermatologically recommended ingredients for extremely severe dry skin problems.
Cicaplast Balm vs. Honeyskin Cream Comparison
- Cicaplast comes in an even smaller tube for the same price as Honeyskin;
- Cicaplast contains less natural/organic ingredients;
- Cicaplast is tested under dermatological and pediatric control;
- Cicaplast also contains skin-beauty/cosmetic ingredients;
- Cicaplast works for all types of skin.
Cicalplast comes from a company with a good reputation in dermatology. Cicaplast seems to be baby-friendly and has a rich texture with a matte finish that will please adult women and men. I use other La Roche-Posay products and I am happy with them. You can try the Cicaplast Balm for winter care.
The scent is less than ideal – but not terrible. I wish it smelled more natural, giving the list of ingredients, but if you have to choose between scent and efficiency, you should choose the latter. What disappointed me a little was the quantity – too small for such a big price, considering the competition comes with a more generous offer from all points of view.
However, this product won us over. A pea-size drop is enough to offer relief from your rashes, itchiness, redness, cracked skin, and irritations. I estimate that a person can use a jar (frugally) for up to a month. My husband and I finished it in two weeks. But then again, we do look like scaly zombies, so we may have used more product than necessary.
Do not let my tone discourage you, however. This is a very good product for all its effects, multiple purposes, family friendliness, list of organic ingredients, and more. You will also get rid of some wrinkles in the process and that is an amazing thing.
I recommend this product if you do experience severe winter skin problems, rashes, acne, athlete’s foot, and winter itch. I think it works great for such issues and I think it can work great for others as well. I am not sure, but it may also offer relief for sunburns and other skin pigmentation problems. It also offers a layer of protection against cold and wind, keeping moisture inside the skin, reducing redness, puffiness, dark eye circles, and general skin discomfort.
In conclusion, if you want a nice product with both therapeutic and cosmetic effects to keep you safe and beautiful all winter long, you should try the Honeyskin Organics Organic Moisturizer Cream. It may not be number one on your best winter skin care products, but it will offer you great relief from most dermatological problems.
- chevron-circle-right See the best winter skin care products according to Amazon reviews
- chevron-circle-rightNatural Beauty Limited Oxygen Skincare Young Skin Starter Set Review
- chevron-circle-rightVanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream Review
- chevron-circle-rightOlay Body Ultra Moisture Body Wash Review
- chevron-circle-rightDove Body Wash Winter Care Review
- chevron-circle-rightCeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion Review
- chevron-circle-rightCicaplast Multi-Purpose Balm Cream Review
- chevron-circle-rightOleavine Therapeutic Balm Review
- chevron-circle-rightHoneyskin Organics Organic Moisturizer Cream Review
- chevron-circle-right Good on Ya Manuka Honey Face Moisturizer Review
- chevron-circle-rightSheaMoisture African Black Soap Facial Care Kit Review