Most women probably use more than one eyeliner, blush or mascara. I am one of those who like to try and test several cosmetic products of the same nature and use them when appropriate. This is why I have mascara for evening, formal wear and mascara for everyday use at work. I usually prefer waterproof mascaras that hold their ground all day long. I also like pitch-black mascaras, which give me volume and length.
I generally have dark brown hair, but my lashes are rather short, rare, and with a tendency to become blonde. This is why I prefer deep black pigmentation. I also like them to get longer and more voluminous, even for casual or office makeup, as nice lashes give my makeup a more composed and feminine look. When I started looking for the best drugstore mascara products, I also talked to a bunch of work colleagues who were very delighted with the HeyBeauty Volume Waterproof Mascara. They told me it worked great for what I wanted – coverage, volume, tint, hold, waterproof and so on and so forth. One of them also told me it was organic – and this convinced me to try it.
One of my mistakes was that I did not purchase it by myself. The colleague advertising for the product bought it for me as a gift and brought it at work. I was grateful to her and I started using the product the second day I received it. I have been using it daily for almost a month, because I did not want to write a review without a full experience with the product. However, now I am able to offer you a tested and true experience with this product.
Things to Consider before Buying the HeyBeauty Volume Waterproof Mascara
The first thing I noticed when I used the product for the first time was the label. I don’t know about you, but I have seen organic cosmetics before and this one does not particularly screams organic to me. Things like Aminomethyl propanol, Pentanediol, Caprylyl glycol, Propylene glycol,Phenoxyethanol, Sodium acetate and others do not sound organic or natural for that matter. However, I was surprised to learn that the mascara was good for my eyes. They are not what you may describe “sensitive”, but they are not immune to chemicals either. Another problem I found on the label was the “Eau de toilette” ingredient, which I do not know what does in a mascara except for making it smell. I am not at all interested in the fragrance of my mascara and I do not appreciate the presence of fragrances in products that have no deal in smelling one way or the other.
Besides these aspects that put me off and made me reconsider advertising, I also want to tell you a few things about the product that may interest you if you are looking for a volumizing mascara that is not organic.
- Possible side effects: You should not experience any (I did not), but I read some reviews about eye discomfort. It may be the “secret” formula they offer. They say the mascara is glue free, cruelty free, and vegan, but I would not swear on that. The ingredients’ list is far from nature and the presence of fragrance is something I resent.
- Hold: Truth be told, the mascara is good for everyday use. It will not stay with you forever and you will need some readjusting during the day, but on an average, it stays put quite well.
- Efficiency: If you want volume and length, this mascara will offer them to you. It tends to flake and smudge at some point during the day and you will get some flakes, but nothing out of the ordinary. It works great with smoky eyes and cat eyes if you intend to wear it in the evening. I did for a few times and do not have complaints.
- Number of coatings: I would recommend you use two coatings. You can try three, but two should be enough. The 3D effect is interesting, but if you overdo it with the layers, you will get spiders eyes.
- Pigmentation: This mascara offers you good coverage and good black pigmentation. The product comes with a nice silky texture, which offers great coverage and a deep black tint. The new brush is very helpful in getting your lashes done with no effort.
- Removal: The mascara is waterproof, so you will need makeup remover to get it off. This is a good thing, because I wanted waterproof mascara and I got it.
Who Should Buy This Drugstore Mascara
If you want regular mascara with nice volumizing and lengthening effects at a decent price, you should try this product with no problems.
- An Organic Formula: HeyBeauty mascara, applying a secret formula, improved on...
- Volume 4D Best Mascara: If you care for a voluminous mascara and a natural...
- Non-irritating and Easy to Apply: All natural, glue free, cruelty free, vegan...
Who Should Not Buy This Drugstore Mascara
Women who want regular waterproof mascara that comes with a reputation, a cheaper price, and even better length, volume, curve, and black tints.
HeyBeauty Volume Waterproof Mascara
This HeyBeauty Volume Waterproof Mascara comes with a smooth, silky texture that looks natural. You will like the elongation and volumizing effect. The 3D effect is a reality, I’ll give it that. I am not sure it makes your lashes up to 5X of their natural thickness in an evenly, smoothly, and gentle way as advertised, however, because more than two coatings will just make them heavier and clumpier.
The brush helps you get feminine and seductive lashes. The texture is right and the mascara does not smudge as quickly as one may think. The waterproof feature is all right as well. However, this product comes with its fair share of pros and cons and I will offer you my personal ones.
HeyBeauty Volume Waterproof Mascara Features and Benefits
I started using mascara and had an OK experience with it. This is probably the word that describes it best: decent. I felt disappointed about the product’s advertising as being organic and natural and safe, and yet the first listed ingredient is perfume/fragrance. It does not contain extra added ingredients in the natural department as other organic mascaras do. However, this is not the worst mascara you ever tried either. Here are the features and benefits I think are the most important:
- Good for sensitive eyes. As I said, I don’t have very sensitive eyes and this product is not organic, but somehow it was milder and more gentle with me than other drugstore mascaras I tried before.
- The texture is great. If you want to fix your look early in the morning before going to work, the mascara will help. The texture is smooth and silky and it will cover your lashes in two quick coatings. The brush helps a lot to achieve a nice look.
- The formula makes your lashes look voluminous and long.
- The mascara is waterproof. Since I was specifically asking for such a product, this one fit the bill. However, it does smudge and clump, so you need to be careful to adjust your makeup during the day. It may be sweat or skin oils to contribute to the smudging. I have other waterproof mascaras that do not go away even with the help of makeup remover.
- The 3D elongation and volume effect are very nice.
HeyBeauty Volume Waterproof Mascara
Ease of Use
After I used the mascara for a while, I was curious to learn what others had to say about it. I learned that my present four stars review is in the sentiment of the public, who had some similar issues: this is an averagely nice product to have and to use. It does smudge and flake, but it offers nice pigment and good coverage. It is not organic however, and if you were looking for an organic product, you should check the list below, as I found a few ones that are organic in the true sense of the word.
Alternatives to the HeyBeauty Volume Waterproof Mascara
When you start looking for a product online, you will learn about others, equally interesting. I want to show you a few so you can make an even better choice than I did. They fall into the category of organic mascara and best drugstore mascara products on the market, so I hope they will help you make a better purchase choice.
This mascara comes with raving reviews. It is a 5-stars product and I surely intend to try it now that I am on my path of experimenting with organic mascaras.
Who Should Use this Mascara
Women with allergies, sensitive eyes, women who wear contact lenses and want an organic approach to cosmetics. Women who are willing to pay for quality when it comes to their looks.
Mia Adora Mascara vs. HeyBeautiful Mascara Comparison
- MiaAdora is organic and containing extra natural ingredients;
- Mia Adora is hard to find in other places than the manufacturer’s website;
- Mia Adora is more expensive;
- HeyBeautiful adds more volume and length to eyelashes;
- Mia Adora is not waterproof.
If you want an alternative to the HeyBeautiful mascara, check out the Mia Adora organic mascara to make the best choice for your needs.
The Endlessly Beautiful Organic Mascara is also a crowd favorite. You can read some reviews and make your own opinion about it. I think it is a very interesting alternative to the HeyBeautiful product. It is also organic.
Who Should Use this Mascara
Women who want paraben free, dye free, gluten free, and cruelty free mascara. Women who want smudge-free and non-clumpy organic mascara as well.
Endlessly Beautiful Mascara vs. HeyBeautiful Mascara Comparison
- Endlessly Beautiful is organic and natural;
- Endlessly Beautiful seems to have better holding time;
- HeyBeautiful is cheaper;
- Endlessly Beautiful has more positive reviews;
- Endlessly Beautiful is not waterproof.
If you want an alternative to the HeyBeauty mascara, check out the Endlessly Beautiful Mascara as well!
This is another great entry on the best drugstore mascara products area. While it is not organic, it contains plenty of interesting ingredients to make it a safe choice for women with sensitive eyes.
Who Should Use this Mascara
Women who want lavish eyelash growth and volumizing, waterproof and smudge proof mascara. While it is not organic, it is safe and efficient.
Hairgenics Lavish Lash HD vs. HeyBeauty Mascara Comparison
- None of them is not organic;
- Hairgenics is hypoallergenic, allergy tested and dermatologically tested;
- Hairgenics helps enhance the length, volume and thickness of your lashes;
- Hairgenics is more expensive;
- Hairgenics has an FDA certification.
If you feel you want to try a more traditional mascara for awesome lashes with the benefits of an enhanced mascara (even if not organic), the Hairgenics Ultra-Premium Volumizing Fiber mascara may be the product you have been always looking for!
No products found.
I gave this product 4 stars out of 5 because it was not organic as advertised and was more expensive than other normal drugstore mascaras I happen to own. The words to describe the product are along the lines of “decent”, “average”, and “ordinary”. It does its job with no fuss. It holds for a good while, but it ends up in clumps and flakes at some point. It is waterproof to a decent extent, but it smudges if you are not careful and you do not refresh your makeup.
I disliked the presence of fragrance, but I enjoyed the mildness of the entire formula for my eyes. It glides on smoothly and it offers great black pigmentation with no problems. The brush is great and I think it will make a nice product for young women and teenagers experiencing with mascara for the first time. The 3D volume effect is very nice indeed. Probably the best thing about this product altogether. Just remember to keep your coatings at two maximum to avoid early smudging and clumping.
Now that I am on the path of discovering organic mascaras and the best drugstore mascara products on the market, I probably will not buy this, but look for alternatives. This is not a bad product, but you will find better ones.
In conclusion, if you want a decent product at a decent price with good volume effect and waterproof features, try the HeyBeauty Volume Waterproof Mascara! You will get a casual daily look that will please you and some smoky eyes to enjoy at your next party.