We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Losing weight and keeping the pounds off is no easy feat. As you already know, one major problem with diets is the rebound – once you stop the diet, the pounds come back with a vengeance. However, you can enjoy plenty of healthy recipes for weight loss as long as you remember you need to change the way you perceive food and dieting.
Instead of changing the diet for two weeks, you can change your lifestyle. It may not be the most comfortable thing you did in your life, but it is the healthiest. Instead of focusing on losing pounds overnight, you should aim to burn those extra calories slowly, efficiently, and permanently. You can follow a professional weight loss program or you can conceive one of your own. The point is to look and feel good.
In other words, you need a long-term dietary plan and commitment to your own health and wellbeing. Solid, science-based, efficient dietary plans contain a myriad of healthy recipes for weight loss. Today we will see together a total of 12 healthy weight loss recipes for fat burn, endless delicious dishes, and the joys of a healthy lifestyle.
3 Healthy Breakfast Recipes for Weight Loss
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It has to fill you up, boost your energy, keep you satiated until lunch, taste amazing, and keep you fit, slim, and on the right path to fat burn. Any healthy weight loss recipes list should begin with breakfast ideas. Here are our three suggestions!
1. Raspberry Yogurt Cereal Bowl
For a hearty morning meal, replace your cereal milk with nonfat yogurt. It will keep you energized and well fed until later in the day.
- 1 cup nonfat creamy yogurt;
- ½ cup wheat cereal (or granola if you prefer it better);
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries (depending on the season, you can replace them with strawberries or blueberries, bananas or other seasonal fruits you enjoy with your cereal);
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds;
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
Gently mix in all the ingredients in a bowl. For a touch of extra deliciousness, you can sprinkle the mix with 1 teaspoon of chocolate chips to top this amazing dish with happiness.
- This bowl of joy contains a little under 300 protein and it packs a heavy punch of protein, fibers, and vitamins.
2. Broccoli & Feta Omelet with Toast
Nothing compares with a healthy, savory omelet early in the morning to start your engines before a hard work’s day. However, instead of your bacon omelet, try this amazing broccoli and feta one – we bet the whole family will love it too.
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli;
- 3 medium eggs;
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese (one slice);
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh dill (it works great with dry dill as well);
- 2 slices of toasted rye bread.
Get a nonstick skillet and add a drop of olive oil, heat it well over medium heat. Add the broccoli and stir for three minutes. Mix the crumbled feta cheese with the dill and the beaten eggs in a bowl. Pour the mixture into the skillet and fry the omelet for 3-4 minutes (you can either flip it to make it look like a pancake or you can scramble it). Serve with toast.
- This dish fills you up with fibers and proteins. It will curb your appetite so you will be more able to ignore all your late-morning cravings.
3. Banana and Almond Butter Toast
This recipe contains three of the most important super-foods you need to introduce to your diet and lifestyle. You should remember them because you can later create and invent your own healthy weight loss recipes based on these ingredients. So repeat after us: rye bread, bananas, almond butter.
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter;
- 1 slice of toasted rye bread;
- 1/2 sliced banana.
Spread the almond butter on the fresh toast and top with the banana slices. Try this with the children as well, it is a healthy, energy-boosting breakfast idea the little ones will love.
- This simple and fast breakfast packs only 280 calories, but it is full of fibers and vitamins, healthy carbs, sodium, potassium, and zero cholesterol.
MORE IDEAS FOR YOU TO ENJOY
These are just three suggestions on how you can make (and share with your loved ones) some breakfast healthy recipes to lose weight. If you want more ideas, look at our top 6 healthy breakfast recipes for weight loss to try at least once!
3 Healthy Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss – Alternatives to Breakfast
Replacing breakfast with a smoothie is not a new idea. On the contrary, it is a healthy practice, especially in detox diets, summer diets, and dietary plans aiming to help you get a flat belly and a slim body for the years to come.
Smoothies can replace breakfast, but do not fall into the error of thinking you can replace your entire meal plan with such drinks. You still need to eat and absorb protein, fibers, carbs, and fat to stay healthy. However, if you want to keep a stricter dietary plan for weight loss, you can alternate a breakfast recipe with a smoothie one during the week.
1. The Strawberry Flaxseed Smoothie
You are probably acquainted with the many healthy strawberry banana smoothie recipes for weight loss. However, this time we will try something new: a delicious mix of strawberries and some flaxseeds (or flaxseed oil). Flaxseeds, together with other seeds we will soon talk about, are super-foods which you should introduce into your diet with or without a weight loss goal in mind.
- 1 cup skim milk (or drinkable plain yogurt for smoothies, nonfat);
- aprox. 1 cup strawberries (you can use them frozen as well, depending on the season);
- 1 teaspoon of fresh flaxseeds (or cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil).
If you want to spice things up, you can also add kiwi or apricots to the strawberry mix. If you want to replace strawberries altogether, try blueberries with the flaxseeds, the mix is heavenly!
Mix in the strawberries, the seeds, and the milk (yogurt) in the blender. Smoothen out everything, pour in a glass, and enjoy!
- This simple and delicious smoothie packs 220 calories, 9 grams of protein, 26 grams of carbs, and 3 grams of fiber.
2. Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie
The second entry on our healthy breakfast smoothie recipes for weight loss is the peanut butter and banana smoothie, an equally delicious alternative to our favorite peanut butter protein shake. This smoothie will taste like heaven for the entire family, so do not forget to introduce it into your lifestyle plan.
- 1 cup of fat-free milk (nonfat plain drinkable yogurt);
- 2 tablespoons of creamy natural unsalted peanut butter;
- ½ very ripe banana;
- 1 tablespoon of honey;
- 4 ice cubes (you can skip them if you do not like cold drinks).
Mix everything in a blender until smooth as silk.
- This is a 340 calories breakfast, packing 8 grams of protein, 40 grams of carbs, and 3 grams of fiber, guaranteed to curb your appetite and keep you full until lunch.
3. The Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Fall and winter are the seasons to be jolly, especially because they are pumpkin seasons! Nutritionists swear by pumpkin – it contains plenty of beta-carotene (one of the most powerful antioxidants known to man), it is a rich source of vitamin C, and it is full of fibers, filling you up with nutrients and awesome vibes.
- 1 cup of pureed pumpkin (fresh, but you can use the canned version as well);
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk;
- 1/2 banana;
- 1 sprinkle of cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice if you want to take things up a notch).
Blend in everything, smooth things up, drink, and go outside to take over the world!
- This breakfast/dessert recipe comes with under 300 calories, 3 grams of fibers, and plenty of vitamins, so it is a very healthy snack for adults and children alike.
MORE IDEAS FOR YOU TO ENJOY
Admit it: you want more such smoothies in your life! We know, we want healthy smoothie recipes for weight loss (and delicious lifestyle) as well, so we have prepared a list of another 5 flat belly smoothie recipes you must check out.
3 Healthy Lunch Recipes for Weight Loss
Either you are at work, at home, or on holiday, you should be able to enjoy a fresh, healthy, and nutritious lunch. Today, we have gathered three healthy lunch recipes for weight loss that will leave your mouth watering in anticipation.
1. Lemon Chicken with Sautéed Vegetables
This is probably the easiest lunch recipe in the world. It takes around 20 minutes and it can turn into your family favorite dish. It is very light, satisfying, and portable (meaning you can take it to your office and eat it there without concerns).
- 1 chicken breast lightly pounded;
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice and grated lemon peel;
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic;
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme;
- Salt and ground black pepper;
- 1 medium sliced shallot;
- 1 cup of each of the following veggies: zucchini, parsnip, carrots, crispy Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes, and more.
Mix the lemon juice, the garlic, the thyme, the salt and the pepper in a bowl and use the mixture to bathe the chicken breast. Put aside and take care of the vegetables. Cook the chicken breast in an oven to keep it fat-free and sauté the veggies.
- One serving of this dish contains 327 calories, 28 grams of protein, 13 grams of fat, and 5 grams of fiber.
2. Spiced Salmon with Arugula Salad and Couscous
No matter what type of diet you choose to follow, it contains fish. As you know, fish is one of the healthiest sources of nutrition on the planet (lean fish, though) and an excellent way to boost your health and change your lifestyle.
- 2 salmon fillets;
- ½ cup couscous;
- 1 orange;
- 1 lemon;
- 2 cups arugula (you can try lettuce if you do not like arugula);
- 1 shallot;
- 1 small celery;
- spices to taste;
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil.
Mince the shallot and zest the lemon and the orange. Peel the lemon and slice it thin, as well as the lemon. Thinly slice the celery. Make a dressing out of lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil, the lemon and orange zest, and the spices. Set aside.
Bring 1 cup of water and a pinch of salt to a boil in a small pot. Once boiling, add the couscous. Cover and remove from heat.
Cook the salmon fillets in a nonstick pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Spice the salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the fish 3-4 minutes per side.
In a bowl, mix the arugula, orange, and celery slices with the dressing, add olive oil and lemon juice to taste.
Fluff the couscous with a fork and serve the fish, the couscous, and the arugula salad on a plate. If you have some dressing left, pour it over the fish.
- This dish contains around 600 calories, 40 grams of protein, 49 grams of carbs, and healthy fish fat (meaning omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and more).
3. Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Mac and cheese is comfort food and one of everybody’s favorite – but not when you are dieting. Let us replace the mac with cauliflower and enjoy new tastes, flavors, and amazing healthy lunches from now on!
- 1 head (1 1/2 pounds) of cauliflower, with the core discarded, and the florets cut into 2-inch pieces;
- 1 cup unsalted vegetable broth (one you made and kept in the freezer, not something canned or store-bought);
- ¼ cup nonfat cream;
- ½ cup of crumbled (grated if you can) feta;
- 4 cups of elbow macaroni;
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated;
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Boil water with a pinch of salt in a pot. Add cauliflower in the boiling water, cook for 15 minutes or until it gets tender. In a blender, mix the broth, the cream, the feta, salt, pepper, and the well-drained cauliflower florets. Blend until smooth.
Separately, boil the macaroni to taste. Drain the pasta then mix with the cauliflower sauce. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
If you want to spice things up, add a pinch of red ground red pepper and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- This dish contains only 350 calories per serving. It is also a highly important source of calcium, offering you 25-percent of your daily calcium dose.
MORE IDEAS FOR YOU TO ENJOY
We cannot stress enough the importance of a healthy, delicious lunch to keep you satisfied and happy. These healthy lunch recipes for weight loss are fast, light, delicious, and they can make your entire family happy. Remember, calcium-rich dishes and fish are essential for growing children as well. If you want more ideas to have lunch and shed those pounds, here are our top 8 choices of healthy lunch ideas for weight loss and a balanced nutrient intake.
3 Healthy Dinner Recipes for Weight Loss
Dinner is the time to enjoy your life together with your loved ones. Dinner should be sumptuous, surprising, savory, and lush. If you are on a diet, this does not mean you have to give up your passion for gourmet foods, perfectly seasoned dishes, or unique flavors. Diet food does not mean tasteless food and we are here to prove it!
1. Couscous Salad with Chickpeas
This salad is an imaginary vacation to exotic lands. The blend of ingredients and spices make it bold, savory, and very satisfying. It can turn into your next favorite comfort food!
- 1 cup couscous;
- 3 tablespoons olive oil;
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice;
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic;
- Sugar, salt, and pepper;
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon;
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh mint;
- ¼ cup thinly minced green onions;
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika;
- 1 can of chickpeas rinsed and drained;
- 1 large chopped ripe tomato;
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese.
Boil a pot of water with a dash of salt. Add the couscous and let it cook, covering the pot. When the couscous is ready, fluff it with a fork and mix in ¼ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper, and cinnamon. Add the oil, juice, garlic, and a dash of sugar to the mix. Fluff everything with the fork. Add the rest of the ingredients and spices. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
- One serving of this dish contains 350 calories, 11 grams of protein, and 7.7 grams of fiber.
2. Spinach and Egg Salad Sandwich
Who said a sandwich could not make it into the race for “gourmet dishes for weight loss?” This amazing twist on the classic egg salad sandwich will turn your dinner into an experience of a lifetime.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped;
- 3 tablespoons of plain low-fat yogurt;
- 2 tablespoons of chopped red bell pepper;
- 1/4 teaspoon of curry powder;
- Salt, pepper, and curry powder to taste;
- 2 slices of toasted rye bread;
- 1/2 cup of fresh spinach;
- 1 orange.
In a bowl, mix the eggs, yogurt, bell pepper, and curry powder. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
Place spinach on rye bread, top with egg salad, and serve the orange on the side.
- Eggs offer all the proteins you need, while the fresh spinach keeps your vitamins’ balance in perfect shape.
3. Spicy Ginger Chicken with Lettuce
If you want a versatile, hearty, exotic, fresh, and healthy dinner, you have come to the right place. The ginger is a game-changer, both in taste and health value, so you will love this dish wholeheartedly.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce;
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger;
- 1 teaspoon sugar;
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper;
- 1 clove garlic, crushed with the press;
- 1 pound ground chicken;
- 2 medium chopped stalks of celery;
- 1/4 cup of dry-roasted peanuts;
- 10 large lettuce leaves.
In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, ginger, sugar, crushed red pepper, and garlic, and then set aside. In a nonstick large pan add a drizzle of olive oil and bring to heat. Put the ground chicken and cook until brown, breaking up the meat with the side of a spoon. Add the celery into the pan and stir for a couple of minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and ginger mixture next, for a few minutes, then the peanuts, to blend in flavors and textures. Put a full spoon of the cooked chicken mixture on each lettuce leaf, fold, and eat. You can add a few drops of lemon juice over the leaves for a punch of freshness.
- Sporting only 300 calories, 24 grams of protein, 8 grams of carbs, and 3 grams of fiber, this dish is cooking taken to the next level.
MORE IDEAS FOR YOU TO ENJOY
Gourmet dinners can also be healthy weight loss dinner for the entire family to enjoy. If you want more recipes to turn into your signature future dishes, here our other 3 healthy dinner recipes for weight loss to include in your diet.
How ‘bout ‘dem Snacks and Drinks?
This is probably the biggest challenge one has to face when it comes to weight loss, dieting, and changing their lifestyles. We may eat healthily and we may be self-conscious about our nutrients’ intake, but we also consume salty or sweet snacks, cakes, sodas, fatty snacks, chemically enhanced snacks, and other on-the-go products that make the calories counter flip. What can we do about them?
Welcome to our never-ending source of healthy suggestions for a healthy lifestyle!
- Whenever you feel the need to munch on some snack, munch on some almonds. Almonds are on top of our ultimate superfoods list. They curb your appetite, help you lose weight, and offer you a quick, healthy, delicious snack anytime you want.
- Whenever you feel like drinking some soda (that contains the sugar and calories of your entire weeks’ worth of lunches), get some vitamin-packed, cleansing, refreshing, and weight loss-supporting fresh juices. Here are ten detox juice recipes to quench your thirst and boost your health!
- Are you afraid that a diet will eventually become a nightmare because you will have to eat the same things over and over again? No worries: there are tens of delicious and surprising cleansing foods for weight loss! Mix them and experiment with them in your own healthy weight loss recipes!
- Do you absolutely need some sugar in your blood? Of course you do, sugar keeps us alive when we consume it in moderate quantities. Fresh fruit would be the first choice. Second choice is honey. The best choice is a fruity smoothie to satisfy your sweet tooth. Don’t worry, a sprinkle of chocolate chips will not ruin your diet efforts! Here are our 5 guilt-free smoothie recipes to boost your metabolism and keep you on the righteous path to weight loss!
Picking up the forks
Before beginning any diet, talk to your doctor and nutrition specialist – they will know better what to recommend. The bottom line is you have to create a weight loss plan and stick to it. Do not forget about exercise, better sleeping, eliminating stress in your life and finding newer and newer healthy weight loss recipes to share with others!