When you have very short, light, sparse lashes that look bad no matter what you do to them, you start thinking about faux lashes. If you ever tried those, you know they can waste a lot of time and effort. Moreover, you get some glue near or inside your eyes, and for me this is a deal breaker because I have generally sensitive eyes and skin.
What you do in this case, one may wonder. Give up mascara completely? Try regular mascaras only to get spider eyes or smudgy eyes? You can try a fiber mascara, which is also hypoallergenic. If you do not know what fiber mascara is, let me summarize things for you: fiber mascara contains tiny fibers usually made of silk, rayon, or nylon. Fiber mascara works by attaching these synthetic fibers to your lash tips. It seems to work like faux lashes, but it spares you time, trouble, glue, and side effects. Moreover, with fiber mascaras, you can wash the product away at the end of the day using your makeup remover of choice. In addition, unlike faux lashes, you do not have to worry about glue.
Fiber mascaras work great for women whose lashes are not naturally long, voluminous, sexy, or decent – to tell the truth. Mine are not. One of my friends recommended me the Hairgenics Lavish Lash Fiber Mascara as being one of the best drugstore mascara options in the hypoallergenic department. I do have sensitive eyes and I needed a product to satisfy both needs: gorgeous lashes and no side effects.
I bought this product convinced by her recommendation. Of course, before actually paying for the product, I did a little research on the reviews it gathered. I was impressed.
I have been using this product for a month now, on a daily basis, at work. I also used it a few times for special occasions that required makeup that is more sophisticated. I was pleasantly impressed with the effects and the overall results. I will now tell you how things went with this mascara, but first, let me sum up a few things I think you need to consider before buying this product.
Things to Consider before Buying the Hairgenics Lavish Lash Fiber Mascara
I tried dozens of mascaras before and wore fake eyelashes from time to time as well. It is all peachy until you realize your eyes cannot take daily chemicals or daily glue applications. I entertained the idea of organic mascaras to be honest, but vanity won: I wanted long, lavish, sexy eyelashes, even if organic mascara would be better for my eye sensitivity.
If you have impossibly wrong lashes, fiber mascara is the trick you need to pull to look great. The tiny fibers elongate your lashes and make them more voluminous, more feminine. This product is a black mascara, which was my initial intent. If you think you deserve amazing lashes, I recommend the product. Just remember to take into account the following issues:
- Possible side effects: You should not experience any (I did not), but some women complained about some redness, itchiness and discomfort. The mascara is hypoallergenic – I specifically searched for this feature. However, just like any makeup, this one can too affect more sensitive skins and eyes. Keep in mind to wash the mascara away immediately if you feel there is something wrong with your eyes.
- Hold: The mascara is great for everyday use. I use it at work, on a daily basis. I also used it for night outs and special occasions and I found it to make a great impression. It rarely runs or smears. Just do not rub your eyes or splash them with water and you will be just fine.
- Efficiency: The lavish effect is quite good. I may be a bit subjective, as I consider I do not have lashes at all, but even women with decent ones said the product worked like a charm for them. If you want long, voluminous lashes that make your eyes pop, I recommend the product. It is also waterproof, which is a plus.
- Number of coatings: I would not recommend more than two coatings; the mascara tends to flake and clump.
- Pigmentation: This mascara offers you good coverage and good pigmentation. The product comes in black and it makes lashes look black. However, I used mascaras that were significantly blacker.
- Removal: You may find it a bit hard to remove, but insist with your regular makeup remover or coconut oil. It does not go away easily with just water.
- Smell: I know smell should not be a thing when it comes to mascaras, but if you have a sensitive nose, you will notice is rather smells like a sharpie, which begs the question: how about them chemicals?
- Expiration date: Never use a product that went past its expiration date. I think some women complaining about the mascara being dry or flaky did not consider this. I strongly recommend you to refrain from using any cosmetic product, no matter how safe, if it expired.
Who Should Buy This Drugstore Mascara
If you have sparse lashes that are short and (almost) non-existent, this mascara may be what you have been looking for.
Who Should Not Buy This Drugstore Mascara
Women who want label mascaras that are time-tested and come together with a strong reputation; women who want longer, more voluminous lashes without any risk of getting those lashes clumpy or heavy.
Hairgenics Lavish Lash Fiber Mascara
This Hairgenics Lavish Lash Fiber Mascara comes with good fibers in it, making your lashes look longer and more voluminous. While the product helps enhance the length, volume and thickness of your lashes, it also tends to clump if you use more coatings (not more than two for me) or if you wear it for all of the 24 hours. I prefer refreshing it after I come from work and if I have to go out again in the evening. The best part about it is that it is hypoallergenic and it caused no itchiness or discomfort for me. Other women were displeased with the clumping part. Others commented upon the product not coming in more colors than black – I for one, used even blacker mascaras. However, the product has its benefits and drawbacks, so let me tell you my dealmakers and deal breakers.
- Good elongating and volumizing effect
- Hypoallergenic, non-irritating, dermatologically tested
- Good hold
- Sometimes it flakes and clumps
- May lead to some side effects
- It smells funny
Hairgenics Lavish Lash Fiber Mascara Features and Benefits
I started using mascara and had no bad experience with it, even if I have used blacker ones and ones that did not flake for two days in a row. I wanted something to protect my sensitive eyes and offer me volume and length. The product satisfied these needs, so I can say I am more than happy with it. Objectively speaking, it has its drawbacks. Nevertheless, if you put safety ahead, then this is a good product to begin with.
The thing that convinced me to use this mascara was its hypoallergenic, non-irritating, and clinically tested, allergy tested and dermatologically tested advertisement. As I said, you can begin to think about its formula given its scent, but then again, fully organic mascaras may not offer you the same volume and length.
Now let me tell you some of the things I appreciated most about this mascara.
- Good for sensitive eyes. It works well and it stays on for hours without giving me itchiness or feelings of discomfort.
- It dries well and fast. I had mascaras that dried worse than this one and smudged or smeared despite the no-smudge label, so I can say this works very well.
- The fiber formula makes your lashes look voluminous and long.
- I loved the fact that this mascaras comes from FDA certified laboratories. I noticed the sharpie smell, but other than that, I had no problems with it whatsoever.
- The mascara is cruelty free. This is a very important issue for me and I specifically searched for cruelty-free best drugstore mascaras when I decided to try a new product.
- It holds well, even if it flakes sometimes.
- It is affordable. You will find cheaper mascaras. I have a few of those at home. However, if you look at the big picture, even if the price tag is high, the product brings good value to the table
As I said, I bought this mascara after careful research and tens of reviews. I wanted something to make my lashes look longer and more voluminous, with a mild formula for sensitive eyes and some hold. I found that this mascara had great reviews and people loved it.
[scrapeazon asin=”B072WMZBMH” width=“600” height=“600” border=”false”]
Alternatives to the Hairgenics Lavish Lash Fiber Mascara
When you start looking for a product online, you will learn about others, equally interesting. I want to show you a few so you can make an educated choice.
Clinique is a good name in the cosmetic industry, so you should not wonder why it ended up on this list.
Who Should Use this Mascara
Women with oily skin that need a solid mascara, which does not smear.
Clinique Mascara vs. Hairgenics Mascara Comparison
- Both are mild for sensitive eyes;
- Both are best for casual wear;
- Clinique has better black pigmentation;
- Both help with getting longer lashes;
- Clinique is more expensive.
If you want an alternative to the Hairgenics mascara, check out the Clinique Lash Power Mascara Long-Wearing Formula Black Onyx for Women to make the best choice for you!
There are few things to say about L’Oréal in general. It is a well-established brand with a solid reputation and excellent products. This mascara is great for voluminous lashes.
Who Should Use this Mascara
Women who want that feline look advertisements talk about. It is not organic and I cannot vouch for its cruelty-free feature.
L’Oréal Mascara vs. Hairgenics Mascara Comparison
- Both are dermatologically tested;
- L’Oréal offers the feline effect and those cat eyes you always wanted;
- L’Oréal is much cheaper;
- L’Oréal comes with a glossy effect;
- Both are suitable for sensitive eyes.
If you want an alternative to the Hairgenics mascara, check out the L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Feline Washable Mascara! It may be the product for you!
This is another great entry on the best drugstore mascara products area – the organic department. It has plenty of great reviews and it deserves a place on this list.
Who Should Use this Mascara
Women who want soft, long, lush lashes with the help of an organic product.
EVXO Mascara vs. Hairgenics Mascara Comparison
- Hairgenics is not organic;
- EVXO is vegan, cruelty free, gluten free;
- EVXO packaging is sustainable and environmentally friendly;
- EVXO is cheaper;
- Hairgenics has an FDA lab certification.
If you feel you want to try organic mascara that comes with an environmental friendly approach, is safe for your eyes and skin, and offers good pigmentation and hold, then the EVXO Mineral Mascara may be the best product for you!
While I loved everything about it, the product could have been a bit better in the no-flaking department and in the pigmentation one. As I said, a traditional mascara a quarter the price can offer you amazing black pigmentation, with or without the fibers. However, the fibers did what I wanted them to do: elongate my lashes and make them more voluminous, more feminine. I did not expect feline eyes when I barely have lashes at all, so the product worked within my expectations’ horizon. This is a good mascara for casual and even formal use. It does not smudge or smear easily and even if it is a bit hard to remove, you will enjoy the effect on your lashes. It has good hold, is water resistant albeit not waterproof, it is cruelty free and excellent for sensitive eyes.
You may feel this product is expensive considering all other best drugstore mascara choices out there. However, I think it brings good value for its money, even if it is not fully organic. I enjoyed the silky texture, even if the product does not offer a glossy look. I would keep glossy for the evening occasions, not for going to work in a formal and rather rigid corporate environment anyway.
If you want a mild, safe, good mascara, then this is the one for you. In case your eyes are even more sensitive than mine are, you should also look at the organic types. If you want to spend less money on mascara, look at the alternatives I already offered.
Are there other best drugstore mascara options on the market? Yes, there are. Some may be cheaper than others may, but this one fits the bill: fibers to make your lashes and eyes stand out, good coverage, good hold, and no side effects for sensitive eyes.
In conclusion, if you want a great product with visible great results, try the Hairgenics Lavish Lash Fiber Mascara ! You will be happy with it as long as you keep your expectations on the up side but reasonable.
- chevron-circle-right Check out Amazon for other best drugstore mascara choices!
- chevron-circle-rightMia Adora Organic Mascara Review
- chevron-circle-rightEndlessly Beautiful Natural Organic Mascara Review
- chevron-circle-rightHairgenics Lavish Lash Fiber Mascara Review
- chevron-circle-rightClinique Lash Power Mascara Review
- chevron-circle-rightEndlessly Beautiful Natural Organic Mascara
- chevron-circle-rightL’Oréal Paris Voluminous Feline Mascara
- chevron-circle-rightMineral Mascara by EVXO
- chevron-circle-rightCovergirl Full Lash Bloom
- chevron-circle-rightMaybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara
- chevron-circle-rightNaturally Rooted Premium Organic Mascara
- chevron-circle-rightHeyBeauty Volume Waterproof Mascara
Last update on 2023-04-18 at 02:11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API