Your hair is an important element in your overall appearance. A thick, healthy hair gives you confidence and a higher self-esteem. Unfortunately, with age, your locks might start to break and fall. Even though trends come and go, a set of full, shiny hairs will never go out of style. This is why we wanted to inform you about hair growth pills. Are they really working? Let’s see their pros and cons, as well as their effectiveness.
Pros & Cons of Hair Growth Pills
Hair Growth Pills Advantages
- These supplements are not expensive, at least not all of them. Being affordable makes them easier to be purchased and taken for a longer period of time.
- They are very accessible. You can find these pills in retailer shops, drugstores, and even online.
- Your body will transport carbon dioxide from cells easier. The blood circulation will improve, and cells will grow faster.
- Hair growth pills, especially biotin, will boost your entire metabolism.
- They support your scalp regeneration. A healthier scalp will lead to healthier hair.
- Your hair and your nails will become stronger, especially when it comes to cuticles and follicles. Your locks won’t break that easily anymore.
Hair Growth Pills Disadvantages
- Hair boost supplements won’t work unless you are consistent in taking them. You need to ingest the necessary dose every day to obtain results. Otherwise, it is all just a waste of time and money. Taking hair rejuvenation pills such as biotin represents a long-term treatment. So, be patient.
- There can be some side effects, especially if you also take other treatments. You should always seek a doctor’s advice when you want to take any drug. Hair supplements can have a negative reaction when interacting with other medications.
- These pills are not really recommended for pregnant women. The best thing to do is to ask your physician whether you can take them or not and what are the possible consequences.
- Some patients have experienced skin issues such as acne. Having pimples is annoying, and it decreases your confidence. So, make sure you take the right dosage of supplements and don’t forget to drink a lot of water. Fortunately, this problem is not permanent. Once, you stop taking the treatment pimples will go away in a couple of weeks.
- Some individuals might develop an allergy to these pills. People can be allergic to biotin, for example. If you experience nausea, chest pain, rashes, and swelling, you must immediately stop the treatment and go to the doctor. You should avoid excesses of any kind.
Putting It All Together
All in all, hair growth pills can potentially make your hair grow fuller and thicker. On the other hand, pay attention to what dosage you take because it can have some mild side effects like the ones I previously enumerated. Besides taking supplements, you must also take good care of your locks. This means you should style it with just a few products and use more natural colors to change its look. A nourished hair is a healthier one.
Image source: 1