Adding to the already long list of health benefits, you can use green tea for hair loss problems as well. Drink it, use it as a rinse, or incorporate it in some other sort of treatment. The method doesn’t really matter as much as the desired effects and the mechanisms which enable them to kick in.
Without further ado, let us proceed and discuss the ingredient that could provide people struggling with hair loss with the relief and help they’re looking for.
Benefits of Green Tea for Hair Loss (And How It Works)
#1 It Contains Vitamin B
Vitamin B is an ingredient that you can commonly find in various hair care products, particularly in conditioners. This is because it softens hair while simultaneously helping strengthen follicles, which can help with split ends.
#2 It Contains EGCG
Also known as epigallocatechin gallate, EGCG is the substance that you can thank for making green tea able to mend hair loss issues.
#3 It Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties
In many instances, hair growth can be impaired by various inflammations and ailments that affect your scalp. Because of these soothing properties, green tea can hack at the issue from the roots (no pun intended).
#4 It Contains DHT-Blockers
Without diving into any more complicated scientific explanations, this basically means that green tea can fight one of the main causes of baldness.
How to Use Green Tea against Hair Loss
#1 Have a Nice Sip
Obviously, the first immediate method is drinking it. Consuming merely two cups of green tea every day will lead to some beneficial effects that you’ll be able to notice in a very short time. And if you’re not fond of the taste of hot herbal tea, you can always go for the milder alternative: cold green tea with some honey and ice.
#2 Rinse It Out
If you’d like the effects of green tea to seep directly into your scalp, go for a simple rinse instead. After normally washing your hair, massage into your scalp some freshly-brewed tea. Then, wait for 10 minutes and rinse off with cool water. To get the best of this treatment, repeat the process around 2-3 times a week for a couple of months.
#3 Pop a Capsule
Capsules that contain green tea extract are available pretty much everywhere on the market. They’re definitely the quickest way to get your intake, but they’re not necessarily the healthiest (or most natural).
Green Tea Extract Supplement
- NATURALLY PROMOTE WEIGHT LOSS – Let’s face it, nothing will melt pounds off of you. However, nature has provided us with ways to gently boost our metabolisms and get us moving! Green tea has been used for centuries in Asian cultures to promote healthy weight loss (and overallhealth), and has finally gained popularity in the Western world. Today, millions of people around the world incorporate Green Tea into their healthy lifestyles.
- SUPER ANTIOXIDANT & FREE RADICAL SCAVENGER – Support your immune system! Zhou Nutrition’s Green Tea Extract contains polyphenol catechins and Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) to fight cell damage, aid the growth of healthy cells in your body, and promote fat oxidation.
Nature’s Bounty Green Tea Extract
- Contains antioxidant properties
- Contains EGCG, a natural green tea extract
- Traditionally used to support heart health
- Green Tea has been a valued healthful tonic for more than 4,000 years
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration
- Packaging may vary due to redesign, same great product ingredients
#4 Coat in a Hair Mask
You can even prepare your very own DIY green tea hair mask, which only requires a couple of ingredients. Beat an egg, add 2-3 tablespoons of green tea, and then apply on your scalp for half an hour. Read more on DIY Hair Masks here.
#5 Buy Appropriate Shampoos
There are plenty of shampoos, conditioners, and other hair treatments which contain green tea, some of which are even chemical-free, all-organic options.
OGX Shampoo, Hydrating TeaTree Mint
- A unique blend of natural and sulfate-free surfactants for hydration and balance. Paraben free.
- Refreshing, moisturizing and nourishing
- Australian tea tree oils
Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair and Body Moisturizer
- Amplifies styles without weighing hair down
- This product is made of high-quality product
- This product is firm hold and natural finish
- Boost your body and awaken your senses
- Suitable for all hair and skin types
- Moisturizes and protects
In conclusion, there are several ways to use green tea for hair loss, helping you to bring it to a halt and also to prevent it in the near future. Just another set of benefits for green tea, am I right?