We have talked about oily hair before, but the issue still leaves room for more information and advice. Just as it happens with oily skin and acne, greasy hair makes you painfully self-aware. The problem with greasy hair and skin is that they usually come together with subsequent issues. In hair’s case, it is dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. For something that grows naturally, oily hair needs a lot of care. It does not look good, it needs washing, it needs protection, and it needs treatments. However, there are plenty of remedies to help you contain the problem or make it go away. Let us see today three suggestions on how to get rid of oily hair!
1. How to get rid of Greasy Hair without washing it: DIY Dry Shampoo
Sometimes you are in a hurry and do not have the time to wash your hair before. If you do have five minutes to spare, try a homemade dry shampoo.
- Mix in arrowroot powder with a few drops of lavender essential oil and a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Sprinkle the mixture on your scalp and massage well.
- Then use a comb to let the dry shampoo reach all your hair length and infiltrate into the hair strands.
- Blow dry for volume.
Lavender oil has anti-microbial and antioxidant properties. Peppermint oil is a powerful antiseptic and freshens up you scalp making you hair smell terrific. Arrowroot powder comes packed with nutrients and absorbs the excess oils on your scalp and hair.
2. How to get Rid of Greasy Hair Overnight: Apple Cider Vinegar
The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar helps balance the pH level of the scalp. It also has the ability to contain and kill fungi and bacteria. You should not overdo it, as it can cause scalp irritations. This home remedy helps you get rid of greasy hair fast. You can use the treatment two-three times a week.
- Take a spray bottle and fill it with two to three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and a cup of water.
- Spray your scalp and hair thoroughly with the mixture.
- Let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse with cold water (a trick to get silky hair in no time).
Our scalps naturally host some fungi. Everything is all right until the fungi go out of control. Many scalp problems relate to such fungi: dandruff, excess oils, irritation, hair frailty, and more. You should not use apple cider vinegar in excess and you should always rinse your hair after you use it.
3. How to get rid of Oily Hair Forever: Diet and Lifestyle
This is a life-long commitment to hair and skin health. Just as it happens to oily skin and acne, diet is your surefire way to keep things under control and boost your organism’s strength. Food influences everything that is going on with us, inside and out. Studied found that excess carbohydrates and processed foods directly affect our sebaceous glands. A few suggestions on how to get rid of oily hair:
- Limit the amount of carbohydrates, sugar, fried food, fast-food, and fats you consume daily.
- Switch to healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids you find in fish, seafood, olive oil, and so on. The omega-3 acids are an important ingredient in anti-acne treatments as well.
- Increase your intake of vitamins and minerals from natural sources such as fresh fruit and vegetables. Vitamins E, C, D, and the entire B complex are essential for healthy skin and healthy hair.
Picking up fallen hair strands…
…keep in mind that many treatments for oily skin go well for oily hair as well. However, tell us now what other suggestions you have on how to get rid of oily hair for a few days or forever! What other home remedies or treatments do you know and use?