We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Skin essence is the latest bizarre Korean beauty trend. At least, it might seem like it at first glance since this novel skincare hack tends to leave many of us scratching our heads when we first encounter this concept. What is it good for, exactly? Aren’t there already enough skin products to last a lifetime? And most importantly – does this mean this product is a bottled up essence made from skin? Let us go through some of the big questions we imagine you have and find their answers.
What Is Skin Essence?
The first, immediate question. Just what is this essence thing, anyway?
It’s surprisingly simple, much simpler than you’d expect. It’s nothing but a liquid type of beauty product which you should use after cleansing andtoning your face and before you slather on moisturizers and serums. This way, you’ll ensure that your skin absorbs these subsequent treatments even more effectively, locking nutrients and moisture underneath for a longer time. In other words, essences are the kind of things you want to use if you really want to enhance the effects of your moisturizers and various serums.
Many would make the mistake of seeing essence and thinking it to be a toner instead, which makes sense given the similar textures. One major difference, aside from the ingredients we’ll get to in a bit, is the fact that essences tend to come in bigger doses. And, if it’s worth anything, their bottles are usually gorgeous.
There’s also an explanation for the existence of this kind of product, to begin with. “Asian women tend to have a thinner moisture barrier than Caucasian women and are therefore more prone to moisture loss,” said Vice President of Skin Biology and Bioactives at Estee Lauder Nadine Pernodet for Into the Gloss. “Essence helps create a stronger, more resistant skin foundation for long-term improvement to the look of skin.”
How Do Skin Essences Work?
For starters, it can’t replace your cleaners. Essence doesn’t have the same properties. On its own, actually, it doesn’t really do much for your skin. Rather, it helps set the effects of other products. Hyaluronic acid and glycerin are the two main stars of an essence’s formula, so that’s mostly a relief seeing how they’re common skincare ingredients in general.
In fact, here’s a good way to understand the differences between these three main types of skincare products. Just in case you’re wondering why you need all three of them and why you can’t solve your needs with just one or two of them. Toners restore pH balance after you’ve stripped your skin of its natural oils. Serums, usually coming in smaller and more concentrated doses, are thicker and mostly serve as agents against signs of aging. The Korean essences, on the other hand, are excellent for preparations and laying out foundations for otherto-come products.
- Control the rhythm of your skin and experience daily improvement!
- Use the highly concentrated essential essence at the first step of skin care for clear, glowing, healthy skin.
- The mild formula was developed as a fluid type with low viscosity to increase the rate of absorption on the skin.
- Provides soothing, hydrating, brightening, and wrinkle repairing benefits.
- Contains 80% Fermented Yeast Extract, a skin-friendly ingredient with similar components to NMF (Natural Moisturizing Factor). It helps improve the foundation of skin through moisturizing, firming, and balancing.
- Water volumeEX line provides powerful hydration to resolve the essential causes of dryness.
- Product of South Korea
- How to Use-Apply 2-4 drops after toner and tap in for absorption-Tip: Use Hyaluronic Ultra Suboon Cream after for better smooth skin-Tip: To use with essence, mix 1 drop together-Tip: To use as a pack, mix appropriately with sheet, gel, or cream masks
- With highly enriched hyaluronic acid, the ampoule provides immediate deep rich skin moisture
- Provideswrinklecare, renewal, immediate deep skin hydration,
- Free from fragrance, artificial color, and parabens, ideal for sensitive skin types
In conclusion, the proper way to use skin essence is after your cleaner and toner. Only after you’ve set some of that essence in your skin should you continue with serums and moisturizers.