You should always take good care of your skin, especially during the winter. To have a glowing, healthy skin, you should keep it moisturized and hydrated. The most important and beneficial factor is water. Does drinking water help your skin? Well, according to studies and people’s experiences, it really does.
Does Drinking Water Help Your Skin?
Your skin is your biggest organ. Just like any other organ, it needs water because it is made out of cells which need water to survive and grow. Dehydration will make your cells not function properly which might affect your entire body, leading to certain health conditions.
If you want to avoid aging signs and dry skin, you should drink plenty of water. How much is enough? Well, there is no standard amount of water you should drink per day. It depends on your body and how active you are throughout the day. However, most people say you should drink at least two liters.
The Main Benefits of Drinking Extra Water
- It might help you win your battle against acne breakouts. Don’t expect miracles, because it won’t happen overnight, but if you create healthy habits such as drinking more water every day, your skin problems will be reduced.
- Drinking water relieves fatigue. Many times, fatigue can be a sign of dehydration. Drinking the proper amount of water reduces your fatigue level and improves your body functions.
- Even though drinking water won’t make your slim, it will help you when you want to lose weight. More water fills up your stomach so that you won’t feel hungry all the time anymore. Moreover, water eliminates body fat.
- Your body will be detoxified if you drink more water. It flushes out all the toxins as well as waste materials through both urine and sweat.
- Your skin will be healthier. When your body receives the proper hydration, your skin will become younger-looking and refreshed. It will regain its elasticity, and the tissues will be replenished.
How Can You Add Water to Your Skin?
- The most common and easiest way is by drinking enough water to keep your hydrated. So, does drinking water help your skin? Well, if you drink a minimum of eight glasses each day, your body will flush toxins quicker, and your skin will become healthier and look better. It is even good for acne.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that contain a lot of water. You can get plenty of water and a proper hydration from eating watermelon, for example.
- After every shower, apply a moisturizing cream on your body. Immediately after the bath, your pores are still opened so that the skin will absorb the moisturizer quicker.
Putting It All Together
So, does drinking water help your skin? Indeed, it does. Even though it might not have miracles effect on your skin, it still helps restoring your cells and tissues. Considering its many benefits, we all should make a small effort to drink more water every day, by developing healthier habits.
Image source: 1