Just like your haircut should match your face shape to compliment your best features, so do the eyebrows. You can get the perfect eyebrows in no time, as long as you know how to shape them. Last time we talked about eyebrows we focused on finding the perfect eyebrow shape for oval faces. Experts consider oval faces as being the ideal shape for an impeccable natural and feminine makeup. However, what do you do when you have a long face shape? Besides the fact that you enjoy a very selective company of celebrities, such as Claudia Schiffer, Demi Moore, Sarah Jessica Parker or Liv Tyler, you also need to learn a few eyebrows tips. Let us check out the best eyebrow shape for long face and turn ourselves into red carpet divas!
A Few Words on the Long Face
This particular face shape’s main feature is that it is about twice as long as wide. In other words, the forehead, cheekbones, and jawlines are all about the same width. In addition, the long face gracefully tapers to a narrow oval chin. There is a difference between the oval face and the long face. The oval face’s forehead is wider than the jawline and chin.
The Best Eyebrow Shape for Long Face
When it comes to creating the best eyebrows for this type of face, experts suggest that the eyebrows should play the role of re-balancing the face and make it look shorter and symmetric. Being all about the optical illusion, specialists agree that a straight horizontal brow accomplishes this goal. In other words, you can soften and balance your vertically stretched features by creating flat, straight-across brows. Let us check out some tips and tricks on how to get such amazing eyebrows.
- Some experts say you should visit your cosmetician for regular threading appointments in order to tame your brows and gradually change their shape towards this straight look – in case they are stubborn.
- You should wear your eyebrows, in this particular case, medium or thick. Very narrow straight eyebrows tend to get lost on your face and not balance your features correctly.
- Keep in mind that an extended brow-tail will really help to highlight and exaggerate horizontal features – something you really want if your face is too long. The tails of brows should typically extend beyond the corner of the eye, but if you have a long face, you should make it a point for tails to extend a bit longer than usual.
How to Achieve the Best Eyebrow Shape for Long Face?
If you want to achieve the straight eyebrows look with dashing east-to-west extended tails, here are some tips we would like to share with you.
- If you already shaped your brows in a straight line with a nice tail, you should begin by using a brow pencil or a brow brush to get a softer look. As you know already, the brow pencil should be in a lighter shade to get the shape right in case you draw your shape with the pencil;
- The liner or the brow pencil should be in the nuance of your brows to obtain a natural, feminine look that compliments your features; if you are not sure how to get the best-looking eyebrows, check out these four tutorials on gorgeous eyebrows making! Keep in mind that everything is about balance, symmetry and looking as natural as possible, so we would not recommend unusual brow designs, colors, stencils, and so on.
- Make sure that you do not extend the eyebrow tail downwards, but straight across. Otherwise, your brows will appear droopy, making you look sad.
Gathering up our brushes…
What face shape do you have? What are your favorite eyebrow style and eyebrow makeup? Does this best eyebrow shape for long face guide help you make the best of your face shape and natural eyebrows?
Image source: 1