Blood facials, also known as vampire cosmetic procedures, promise to make your face smoother and younger-looking. Even though it is a popular method among Hollywood celebrities, this treatment is also highly controversial. Let’s find out more about blood facials such as whether they are effective or not, and what their pros and cons are.
What Are Blood Facials and How Do They Work?
Blood facials are cosmetic procedures. During these treatments, the doctor injects blood into your face. It may sound gross, but at least it is your own blood, that the specialist draws out from your arm. Before injecting it into your face, the blood goes through a processing method during which it is separated from the plasma. In fact, the only thing that the medic injects is the plasma enriched with platelets from the red cells.
Because this procedure is relatively new, there is no reliable evidence that it really works. However, some say this will make your face look younger and fresher, even reducing wrinkles and other aging signs. Well, at least, we know it can’t harm you because it is your own body fluid. On the other hand, the FDA approved injecting blood but only in your bone before an orthopedic surgery.
Pros and Cons of Blood Facials
Blood Facials Advantages
- Its results can last up to several years. At least, this is what the specialists say.
- Some doctors state it is a safe procedure and that it doesn’t harm your body or health in any way. Injecting only the serum without the red cells will help your skin grow new blood vessels which are good for dermal irrigation. A higher blood flow makes you look younger, it seems.
- Your facial features will gain volume and glow. Even though it takes a maximum of eight weeks actually to see results, this procedure lasts for a long time.
- According to some specialists, blood facials make your skin healthier and eliminate blemishes.
- It is a natural treatment, so there are no allergic reactions whatsoever.
Blood Facials Precautions
- It is not a proved procedure Doctors are not really sure that the results are real or just a placebo effect.
- I don’t know if it is truly painful, but it is uncomfortable for sure. Just look at how Kim Kardashian reacts when she does this procedure. We can all see that she is not feeling great during the entire treatment, although in the end, she said she would do it again.
- A facelift can have negative effects such as infections and swelling. Furthermore, this kind of treatment might make your face look too pumped, giving you an unnatural appearance.
Whether blood facials are effective or not, you can try it to see how well it work on you. Make sure to ask a doctor’s opinion first. Bottom line, is a personal decision and it depends a lot on what you want to accomplish with your body. There is always a price to pay when you want to rejuvenate your look and gain a younger appearance.
Image source: 1