This is what makes Black and white makeup such a bold choice and powerful statement. At night, black and white makeup will surely draw more than a couple of looks.
A woman sporting this look emanates complete confidence in her appeal and sexuality. Stay tuned to discover several types of black and white makeup ideas that you could wear.
1. Black & Silver Cut Crease Makeup Tutorial by Carli Bybel
Step 1: To obtain this black and white makeup look, start by applying a color pop white eyeliner and use it as a base as a white eye shadow.
Step 2: After applying the eye liner, make sure you blend it well using an eyeshadow brush. Layer a white eye shadow over your white eyeliner. Make sure you apply it on the inner half of your eyelid.
Step 3: Next, take your eye shadow brush to apply a silver shade on the outer half of your eyelid. Gently blend it in towards the middle.
Step 4: Then, take a medium shade of silver and apply it towards the outer corner to create a nice faded look with the lighter shade of gray and the white.
Step 5: Next, apply a black eye shadow on the outer V area of your eye. Make sure you blend in every eye shadow color.
Step 6: You can then choose a peachy color and blend it in towards the inner part of your crease.
Step 7: After finishing with all the eye shadows, pick up your black eyeliner pencil and let it do the magic. You will need to use your black eyeshadow again to fill the space above the tail of your eye liner, connecting it with the rest of your eye makeup.
Step 8: Then, pick up a silver gel eye liner and apply it right above your crease so it does not smudge.
Now just apply your lashes, don a bold and beautiful natural eyebrow, bronze up your face a little, blush up your cheeks, and you are ready to party.
2. Silver Smokey Cat Eyes + Black Matte Lips by Laura Leth
Step 1: Start by applying a metallic eye liner using an eyeshadow brush, covering most of your lid.
Step 2: Grab a white eye shadow and apply it underneath your eyebrow.
Step 3: Next, take a light shade of a nude colour and apply it above your crease. Make sure you blend it in really well.
Step 4: Pick up an ashy brown eyeshadow and apply it in the outer V area of your eye. Gently blend it in, going towards the inner eye just a bit. Take a clean brush and blend in the ash brown eyeshadow really well.
Step 5: Grab a black eye shadow and apply it in the outer V shaped area of your eye, right near where you applied the ashy brown eye shadow. Pick up that clean brush again and blend in the color.
Step 6: Then, grab your black eyeliner and line your eyes.
Step 7: Apply your false eye lashes and start doing the rest of your makeup routine. Prime your skin, apply your purepressed base foundation, and then add the concealer.
Step 8: Apply a loose powder to set your makeup, then bronze up your face.
Step 9: Contour your lips with a black liner.
Step 10: Next, apply your black liquid lipstick, and you are ready to go.
This is a bold look, so you need to go that extra mile to achieve it, even down to the statement lip color. It goes perfectly with a natural brow, and a great use for this look is as black and white halloween makeup!
3. Black and White Smokey Eye by Amanda’s Beauty Corner
In this black and white makeup tutorial, we learn some useful tips and tricks.
Step 1: To get this awesome look, start by applying your foundation as a base with a makeup sponge.
Step 2: Next, prime your eyelids before applying a shimmery white eyeshadow. Use the flat eyeshadow brush to apply the it on the inner half of your lid.
Step 3: Then, use a light gray eye shadow and apply it to the outer half of your eye lid. Make sure you blend these eye shadows really well.
Step 4: Next, grab a darker shade of gray and apply it over the lighter one to highlight your eyes.
Step 5: Pick up an eyeliner brush and a black eyeshadow and create a c-like shape on your outer V.
Step 6: Mix a metallic black eye shadow with the deeper gray shadow and a regular black eye shadow. Apply this on your eyelid using a smokey eye makeup brush. Again, you will need to blend it in and then blend it in some more. It is advisable to use a bigger clean brush to blend it in even more thoroughly.
Step 7: Add more black for a smokey eye effect. Do not forget that blending is the key of a smokey eye look.
Et voila! Your amazing black and white smokey eyes will make you stand out from the crowd! If you are looking to go the extra mile in making a statement, use this as makeup to pair with a black and white dress.
How to Do Makeup for a Black and White Casual Dress
The best part of wearing makeup to go with your casual dress is the fact that it will make for an even bolder look. You can use black liquid eyeliner or an eyeliner pencil. And for the white, you can do anything from a shadow to a lipstick. Black and white makeup may be great for dressing up with a clown mouth and or as clown makeup for Halloween, but it can also be used for an everyday outing.
Wearing simple jeans and a tee or a sundress may be your best bet for a black and white makeup pairing.
Another good makeup pairing for a casual style is a white eyeliner on top of a black eyeliner. The way to do this best is by using a cat-eye, and drawing two very thin lines.
Another excellent way to implement black and white makeup in your casual dress is by using a black or dark grey eyeshadow and then outlining your eyelid with a white eyeliner for the maximum bold statement. This would go perfectly with black lips with a white lip lining. You can wear outfits in black, blue, or red shades to pair these colors.
We have now covered plenty of tutorials that show you how to apply black and white makeup to achieve these looks. Next up, we want to answer some common questions about the best ways to apply makeup.
What Are the Right Ways to Apply Makeup
When it comes to the right ways to apply makeup, there are many different routes you can take. You could say there is not just one “right” way to go about this. But despite the many creative ways you can apply makeup, some basic rules remain the same as far as process goes.
- It is essential to have a clean face before application and to use a primer to keep your face from drying out, as well as keep your makeup on your face for a long time.
- Foundation should come first, and you can use a sponge, brush, or airbrush for this.
- For blemishes, concealer is used.
- You may want to highlight or contour next, though this is a personal decision depending on how detailed you wish to get with your application.
- Next up you will get down to blush and then eyebrows.
- After that, we get to the eyeshadow which can be done in many different ways. Some people use fingers, brushes, airbrushes, and a plethora of other modes of application. There are many tips for getting eyeshadow to look amazing, but one of the best is using a primer to keep it on without smearing.
- We will finish by applying mascara, and then lips would be our last step. If you are using the black and white makeup tutorials from above, be sure to use this as a guide for the process.
How to Choose the Right Air Brushes
When you are doing a black and white makeup look, there is so much to consider as far as choosing the right brushes to use. Airbrushes are an excellent tool for makeup application and are frequently used by makeup professionals.
Be sure to be very informed before choosing an airbrush to purchase. These are expensive tools that you will want to use over and over again, so it’s important to choose the right one.
First things first, decide on your level of expertise when it comes to being able to airbrush. Once you’ve established this, decide on your budget. If you are on the fence about what to look for in an airbrush or on why airbrushes are an excellent option for you, consider these reasons:
- Airbrushed makeup looks natural and lasts longer than if you were to apply makeup with a sponge or a regular makeup brush.
- This mode of application also layers the makeup so that it is even and appears natural. You will not get the infamous caked-on makeup look when using an airbrush.
- These brushes are also great because they genuinely cover all your imperfections.
- They also showcase versatility when it comes to application. You can apply everything from foundation, to eye shadow, and everything in between.
- The last great thing about airbrushes is their ability not just to be used on the face, but also on different parts of the body. This will help you to achieve any makeup look, even for great Halloween costume parties. Black and white makeup looks can be achieved beautifully when using an airbrush.
Choosing the Perfect Black and White Look
Try out a bold and glamorous black and white makeup to look spectacular at a party, event, or even out to lunch. When applying all the eye shadows, foundation, concealer, and highlighter shades for your skin tone, make sure you always blend every one of them really well to obtain a flawless look and get that max factor out of your make-up.
Image Source: Mugeek Vidalondon