Beach waves hair is a classic trend that will never go out of style. Every woman adores having flowy locks and perfect loose curls. It is a hairstyle that suits everyone, no matter the season in which they wear it or their purpose. However, many of you might be afraid of trying to obtain this style at home because curling methods might make your hair look frizzy. This is why we have come up with recommendations and useful tips to make the whole process a lot easier for you.
How to Have Perfect Beach Waves Hair
Consider Your Natural Hair Type
Beach waves hair can be obtained differently depending on how your natural hair looks:
- Straight hair. Wash your hair and let it dry naturally. Don’t use a blow dryer because it might not only ruin its glow but it will make it frizzier and harder to groom. Then, don’t forget to apply a texturizing spray. The best curling iron you can purchase is a medium sized one. Take a small hair section and wrap it around your curling tool. Do this instead of putting it up the wand. Don’t create perfect curls. Let them be flowy and have a messy natural look. In the end, you can finger comb your hair and even use hairspray, if necessary.
- Wavy hair. If you have naturally wavy locks, you can work your magic in two ways. You can either wash your hair and wait one day before actually curling it, or you can style a freshly cleaned hair. Apply a curl cream. Then, make a loose bun on top of your head. Let it dry naturally. The final step is to fix it a little bit by using a large barrel of a curling iron. Flip your hair once or twice, apply hairspray for a richer texture. Don’t use a comb. Instead, put your fingers through it.
- Curly hair. For those of you who have tight curls, the process of achieving beach waves hair functions in reverse compared to the other hair types. For starters, you will need to blow out your locks using a round brush. This way, your hair will get straighter. The best thing to do is to use an anti-frizz serum before blow drying it. Take the curling iron and start creating loose waves. Finally, add some texturizing spray.
- Relaxed flowy hair. The first thing to do in this case is to apply a serum or even cream before using a blow dryer or a curling iron. Split your hair into small parts and wrap each of them around your curling tool. As a final touch, use enough hairspray to give texture to your hair.
Additional Tips to Create Beach Waves Hair
- Use sea salt spray. It will separate your locks, offering them that natural, undone look.
- Try dry shampoo. It is a quick fix that provides volume to your hair, especially to those locks near the scalp which can get oily and flat because of your skin sebum production.
- Avoid applying too much beauty products such as gels, hairspray or oil. If used in excess, these elements might ruin your waves.
Beach waves hair is perfect for those of you who don’t want straight hair but neither tight curls. If you want something in between, this hairstyle is the right one for you. Follow our tips and recommendations and you will achieve your desired results. Use all cosmetic products with care and caution. They are meant to fix your hair, giving it that final touch, not making it heavier. Share with us how everything worked for you.
Image source: 1