Ready to leave your peanut butter behind? Then you might want to check out the Barney Butter Almond Butter Smooth. Barney Butter Almond Butter Smooth is processed in a peanut free facility that also processes coconut. It does not need to be refrigerated, though refrigeration may extend shelf life. This is a good option for people who are allergic to peanuts.
Things to Consider When Trying Barney Butter Almond Butter Smooth
When trying Barney Butter Almond Butter Smooth think about if you are allergic to tree nuts. If you are allergic to peanuts only, this may be a good choice since it does not contain peanuts and it is processed in a facility that doesn’t process peanuts.
If you have had any bad reactions after eating almonds, make sure to consult with a doctor before trying this product.
Who Should Buy This Product
Almond butter is a healthy choice to add to your diet. It has more of the heart healthy monounsaturated fats than peanut butter does. It also contains a good supply of Vitamin E, minerals, fiber, and protein.
If you are a vegetarian or vegan, you may greatly benefit from this almond butter since it is highly nutritious.
Who Shouldn’t Buy This Product
Do not buy Barney Butter Almond Butter Smooth if you are allergic to almonds. Also don’t buy this product if you suffer from kidney or gallbladder issues. If you have any concerns about consuming this product, it’s a good idea to consult your doctor first.
Barney Butter Almond Butter Smooth
Barney Butter Almond Butter Smooth is a good choice for people who are allergic to peanuts. Not only is this butter peanut free, but it is processed in a facility that does not process peanuts.
- Does not need refrigerated (though refrigeration will prolong shelf life)
- Processed in a peanut-free facility
- Does have additives
Features and Benefits
- Processed in a peanut-free facility
- Gluten Free
- Smooth, No Grit Texture
- No Need to Refrigerate
- A good source of iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin E, fiber, and protein
I’ve scoured the internet and also read through the customer comments on Amazon for feedback on Barney Butter Almond Butter Smooth. I’ll share what I found here:
“I have tried many brands of almond butter because I cannot eat peanuts. I ordered some of this from amazon(great service btw) and I was a little concerned when i opened it because it looked almost like peanut butter. I called the company directly in California. They put the plant manager on the phone to answer my questions. I asked him why it was a different color than i was used to (most almond butters are sort of grayish). He told me that they don’t grind the skins with the almonds. Also the top grade of palm fruit oil that they use is high in cartenoids and helps to keep this product stable (not rancid) and adds to the color. Also they process this product to keep it as natural and roasted flavor filled as possible. I was impressed with the manager, the product and the company. Google the company history and learn about Jennifer Barney. What can I say this is the BEST TASTING almond butter out there In my opinion.”
“Almonds are actually one of the few nuts I can tolerate, and a lot of almond butters are made in a facility with walnuts and pecans (I’m allergic). Thankfully, Barney Butter is not. It is very creamy and very delicious, and perfect for making a flourless grain free almond butter bread. Thanks for making a safe, delicious almond butter for those of us with other allergies and/or intolerances.”
“Our favorite almond butter. It is surprisingly difficult to find butters that don’t have added sugar. We also face the difficult situation of having a household member allergic to peanuts and another allergic to cashews, so it is also difficult to find butters that don’t risk cross contamination-this company focuses on almonds only, and we appreciate it. This company also has excellent customer service. Highly recommended.”
If the Barney Butter Almond Butter Smooth isn’t exactly what you are looking for, then here are a few alternatives for you to check out.
○ The Honey Almond Butter Squeeze Packs by Justin’s is more expensive than the Barney Butter Almond Butter Smooth. This almond butter comes in packs, rather than a jar. This makes it a great snack to take while traveling. There are 10 packs in the box. It has 6 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber, and 4 grams of sugar. There are more ingredients in this almond butter than Barney Butter Almond Butter Smooth. The ingredients are the following: Dry Roasted Hazelnuts, Dry Roasted Almonds, Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Cocoa, Organic Cocoa Butter, Palm Fruit Oil, Vanilla, and Sea Salt. There are more flavors from Justin’s Nut Butters, including Classic Peanut, Honey Peanut, Classic Almond, Maple Almond, Vanilla Almond, and Chocolate Hazelnut.
○ The Jif Almond Butter is considered a high price. Similar to the Barney Butter Almond Butter Smooth, this almond butter does not need stirred or refrigerated. It is gluten free, kosher, and has 7 grams of protein per serving. The ingredients are the following: Roasted Almonds, Sugar, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils (Rapeseed, Cottonseed and Soybean), Sunflower Oil, and Salt. Keep in mind that this may also contain Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, and pine nut ingredients, as well as cashews. If you are allergic to any of these nuts, do not buy this item.
○ The 365 Everyday Value, Almond Butter Creamy price is similar to the price of the Barney Butter Almond Butter Smooth. Unlike the Barney Butter Almond Butter Smooth, this almond butter only contains dry roasted almonds. No sugar has been added. This is a good almond butter for those who are allergic to ingredients that are normally in almond butter. All of 365 Everyday Value’s items are organic and natural. This almond butter is brought to you by Whole Foods Market.
Barney Butter Almond Butter Smooth is a Non-GMO Almond Butter that is processed in a facility that doesn’t process peanuts. This is a great choice for people who have peanut allergies. Because it has a smooth texture, this won’t be good for someone who likes crunchy nut butter. There is no need to refrigerate this almond butter though it will extend the shelf life if you do. The price is about average for the amount of ounces that you get. I hope that my review of the Barney Butter Almond Butter Smooth can help you decide if you should give this almond butter a try!
For even more information, check out the rest of our almond butter reviews.