You have probably heard about the apple cider vinegar diet. It has become popular because it is easy-to-use and also accessible. Everyone has at least one bottle of vinegar in their kitchens. However, this is a controversial subject. Some say this diet has plenty of benefits while others are more skeptical. Bottom line, a lot of these health advantages were not proven yet.
How Does the Apple Cider Vinegar Work?
According to some studies, the apple cider vinegar diet works but it doesn’t have an immediate effect. Even though it helps your body absorb food nutrients much quicker, it won’t make you skinny overnight. At least not without a properly balanced eating and regular physical exercises. This vinegar has been said to improve your digestion and control diabetes. The truth is that none of these statements were researched. Apple cider vinegar might be good for you as long as you consumed it in small quantities and mixed with other foods. For example, you can put it in a salad’s dressing. But let’s see exactly which this diet’s benefits are.
The Apple Cider Vinegar Diet Benefits
- Helps you control your weight. Apple cider vinegar balances your blood sugar level and helps you control your cravings. Also, it controls appetite, meaning you will feel an increased after eating satisfaction, without ingesting too much food. However, this diet will make you lose just a few of those extra pounds.
- Has cleansing properties. The apple cider vinegar diet, when used wisely, may be good for your health. It has antimicrobial qualities. Therefore, it can reduce bacteria’s growth.
- Improves the digestion process. This vinegar contains probiotics that help you get rid of constipation. All you have to do is to dilute it in water and drink it after a starchy meal. This way, you will improve your immune system.
- Makes your heart healthier. The malic acid from the apple cider vinegar clears arteries as well as organ tissue.
The Apple Cider Vinegar Diet Risks
- Can cause esophagus burns. This can happen if you drink it the wrong way because the vinegar is highly acid. To avoid such problems, mix the vinegar with water. Also, try drinking it using a straw. This is a great way to have a minimum contact with your mouth and throat.
- Damages your teeth enamel. Having a high acidity level can make this vinegar weaken your teeth enamel. As I previously mentioned, it is always good to combine it with water.
- Creates other health problems. There are also other potential risks when it comes to the apple cider vinegar diet. Among these issues, there are the following: potassium level reduction and bone density loss. Potassium hydrates the nervous system while a low bone density causes osteoporosis.
The apple cider vinegar diet remains a sensitive topic, but there are benefits from ACV consumption. The important thing is to consume it wisely, in small quantities, and never ingest it on an empty stomach. You should make this a daily habit only if your organism feels comfortable with the amount of acid that comes along with the vinegar. For more details, don’t hesitate to seek a doctor’s opinion.
Image source: 1