You do not probably expect a cosmetic product review from a man, but here I am. Do you have a male friend or family member that would rather get a root canal weekly than shaving their beards? I am one of those men whose face, beard, and neck skin is a nightmare. Besides ingrown hairs and purulent rashes that occur after each shave (together with itchiness and sometimes small infections), I also have to deal with dozens of nose blackheads, zits, pimples, blemishes, puff, and irritations.
I am in my early thirties; do not get me wrong. Puberty was hard enough, but my thin, sensitive, combination skin made things even worse in adulthood. I spend time and money on professional shaving equipment and accessories and I mastered all the necessary skills to squeeze, dig, pluck, pinch, and torment the life out of my blackheads and pimples. Of course, pain, marks, and scars are commonplace.
However, my better half showed me one day her Anjou Blackhead Remover Kit. She does not need it, to be honest, or at least no more than I do. She used it for a while and was so happy with the results, she showed it to me, urging me to use it. The set contains plenty of tweezers, needles, and bottlenecks to cover all my skin problems, from the shaving-induced ones to the oily skin-induced ones.
I started using the tools and soon could not get enough of them. Impressive as results go and easy to carry when traveling (which I do a lot), the kit impressed me tremendously. I am now in my third month of use with a once per week usage frequency. This is a man’s story about a cosmetic product that I hope will help other of my suffering brothers out there.
Things to Consider before Buying the Anjou Blackhead Remover Kit
I am the type of guy that follows directions, despite urban legends and popular beliefs. Therefore, as a responsible individual, I followed my girlfriend into the bathroom and watched her plucking out and removing her blackheads, zits, pimples, and whiteheads. I watched and learned for a while. Then I expressed the wish to have an Anjou Blackhead Remover Kit for myself and she bought one for me. I began my journey having high expectations and I am happy to say I was not disappointed.
Here are a few things I put down as being important. No matter the reasons or the problems you have with your face, here are some issues you need to consider before buying and using this product.
- Be prepared! A man with sensitive and thin skin on his face and neck knows to hydrate, moisturize, and warm up his face, neck, cheeks, and so on – just like you do when you shave. The same applies when using these tools. Take a hot shower before or wash your face with hot water. Make sure the tools are properly sterilized (rub them with alcohol) and that your face and hands are clean and safe.
- Be safe! No matter if, you use the tools to pluck out ingrown beard hairs or blackheads, keep a cotton pad with alcohol around to remove the dirt, blood, and even comedones and sterilize the spot. Always cleanse the tools after you used them with disinfectant, let them air dry and put them back in the case. Keep your hands and nails cut and clean while using the tools or use gloves.
- Disinfect and moisturize! I do not know about you, but even if I shave, I use a disinfectant solution for my face and beard and some after-shave cream or balm to lower the numbers of ingrown hairs, blemishes, puff, whiteheads, and all the other bad stuff that occurs. I suggest you disinfect your face after using this kit, use a cream, a toner, a tincture, anything that lowers the risks of infections.
- Surgery, not mechanics! Never use the tools as if you were fixing your car. Pressure, brute force, strong poking, pinching, pulling, and plucking are forbidden. If you do not want your face to look like a war zone, practice some fine motor skills and some gentle movements.
- Beware Side Effects! There should be no side effects while using these tools. Keep everything safe and sterilized and control your strength when using the kit – you should be fine.
- Be a man! Follow the instructions! If you are still a bit in the shadows, ask for instructions!
Who Should Buy This Blackhead Removal Kit
Men with ingrown beard hair problems, men and women with blackheads, zits, and pimples, people with oily skin and combination skin etc.
Who Should Not Buy This Blackhead Removal Kit
If you have severe acne, face abscesses, scars, infections, and other dermatological problems, ask your doctor before using this tool set. My GP knows I get plenty of skin rashes, infections, and purulent acne frequently, so I asked for his permission to use the set.
Anjou Blackhead Remover Kit
This Anjou Blackhead Remover Kit contains six different tools, each playing a different role. At first, I wanted to use it for the tweezers to make sure my ingrown beard hairs would not be such huge problems in the near future. However, I found the tools in the kit to be efficient for everything they advertised: blackheads, pimples, zits, puff, acne, and so on. Since my girlfriend started using it first, I can honestly say I believe the set works great for everybody, no matter the age or gender.
It is sometimes enlightening to buy some tweezers and get a full set of complexion treatment, healing, and recovery. My nose and nose sides do not look horrendous anymore, while my entire face became cleaner, younger I believe, free of grime and dirt, free of ingrown hairs that turn into purulent red abominations.
Overall, I was very happy with this blackhead removal tools kit. Next, I will try to sum up next the pros and cons of the Anjou Blackhead Remover kit so you know what to expect.
- Effective on ingrown hairs, large blackheads and pimples
- Safe, sturdy, easy to use and carry
- Gender and age independent
- Need fine motor skills
- Not the best for smaller pimples and blackheads
- Not for daily use
Anjou Blackhead Remover Kit Features and Benefits
I am a man that like to look good and feel good about himself. However, I learned from early on that my beard was going to be a problem. As I said, I do invest in professional tools, products, and accessories, not as a whim, but as a necessity. Men with thin sensitive skin have to deal with rashes, itchiness, and spot-infections almost every day for the rest of their life. Add combination skin, with oily nose and forehead, and you have a living nightmare.
My girlfriend’s skin is perfect if you ask me. Still, she cares a lot about her face. She may have bought the Anjou Blackhead Remover Kit on a whim or a recommendation, to make sure her face stays perfect, despite a blackhead or a pimple here and there. Nevertheless, after she used it for a while, she recommended it to me, as she was sure it would answer many of my beard and skin problems.
If you think you had enough of ingrown hairs, itchy skin, rashes, comedones, zits and pimples, and blackheads making your nose look like a sea of poppy seeds, then you should listen to what I have to say about the product.
- The kit comes with six tools each for a specific problem. This allows you to tackle each problem independently, in a localized manner and with a minimum invasiveness level.
- The metal is durable, safe, will not rust and corrode. The stainless steel is high quality, although you will find even better similar tools. We will discuss them in a minute.
- The tools are ergonomic and come with anti-slip handles. This is great, especially for men who are not used to using thin, flimsy metallic tools as women are. Make sure you do not mistake the tools for nails, hammers, and chainsaws though.
- The elegant leather case looks amazing and is light, easy to carry, and easy to store. I travel a lot as a freelance photographer and I really enjoy packing the case with me no matter where I go. It also comes with an integrated mirror in the case, which makes it even more useful and great.
- It is affordable. This is probably one of the cheapest self-grooming kits I stumbled upon and I do not look at money when it comes to keeping my face free from dermatological problems. The money-value balance is amazing.
After my girlfriend showed me her set and began advertising for it, I looked at some other reviews and opinions. I was impressed; therefore, I had nothing against receiving the set from her as a gift. On the contrary, I watched her use it, asked questions, and used it myself. If you want to make an educated choice, look the item on the Internet and browse for reviews, answered questions and other users’ suggestions.
Alternatives to the Anjou Blackhead Remover Kit
Once I started using this product – which I was unaware of until my girlfriend presented it to me – I also began researching other alternatives. You never know when you find something better, do you? Here are three more similar blackhead removal tools sets I think you will find interesting:
CidBestOfficial Blackhead Remover Tools Kit
This blackhead removal tools kit is quite similar to the Anjou one.
Who Should Use this Kit
People with oily skin, large pores, acne, blackheads, comedones, pimples, and plenty of other similar issues. I think it works great for men with ingrown beard hairs as well.
Anjou Tools Kit vs. CidBestOfficial Kit Comparison
- Both are surgical stainless steel;
- Both contain six different tools;
- Anjou is cheaper;
- CidBestOfficial metal is even smoother than Anjou’s;
- CidBestOfficial stainless steel comes with antibacterial coating.
If you want an alternative to the Anjou blackhead removal tools kit, check out the CidBestOfficial Blackhead Removal Tools Kit to make the best choice for you!
Mintbear Blackhead Remover Kit
Another crowd favorite is the Mintbear Blackhead Remover Kit. You can read some reviews and make your own opinion about it.
Who Should Use this Kit
People who want to get rid of their blackheads, pimples, blemishes, and other face issues (comedones and acne)
Anjou Kit vs. Mintbear Kit Comparison
- Both are stainless steel;
- Anjou comes with six tools in the set (Mintbear = 5 tools);
- The Anjou kit is not recommended for deep acne or zits;
- Anjou tools may feel flimsy in comparison to Mintbear tools;
- Anjou is cheaper.
If you want an alternative to the Anjou tools kit, check out the Mintbear Blackhead Remover Kit! It may cover all your skin face problems and more!
Chimocee Blackhead Removal Kit
This is another excellent option in the blackhead removal tools kit products area and seems to cover all issues, including ingrown hairs.
Who Should Use this Kit
People who want quick, safe, and professional blackheads, comedones, and pimples removing.
Anjou Kit vs. Chimocee Kit Comparison
- Both are stainless steel;
- Anjou is a tad cheaper;
- Both come with leather case and incorporated mirror;
- Both come with a users’ manual;
- Chimocee comes with a 100% money back guarantee.
If you feel you want to gain blackhead removal control at an affordable price, you can also try the Chimocee Blackhead Removal Tools Kit!
While I favored this set for its promise on solving my ingrown hairs and adjacent whiteheads and infected pimples, I ended up considering it an incredibly useful skin care set. I can handle nose and nose sides’ blackheads, pimples, zits, hairs, acne, and so on. However, given the price, I cannot reproach much to this product.
I found that the tools kit works well on all people, no matter their gender. Women may find more uses to the kit than men may, but we are quite happy in our couple with our cosmetic routines, which are now easier and safer due to this blackhead removal tools kit.
If you have serious problems with acne, purulent and infected pores, you should ask your doctor before using the tools. You can also find alternatives to the kit as well. If you decide to use it, make sure you work in a clean and sterile environment. This includes your face, hands, tools, and bathroom, before and after the blackhead or ingrown hairs extractions. Keep rubbing alcohol close and make sure your face is moist.
My girlfriend and I are very happy with this product. This does not mean we will not try some of the alternatives I mentioned. Some come with better features and similar prices, so it would it would be a shame to overlook them. I actually recommended this product to some of my suffering brothers, and they were happy with the results as well. Again, we will all look for even better similar products. However, if you are new to the blackhead removal tools kit market and you want a great product with visible great results, try the Anjou Blackhead Remover Kit, you will not regret the investment!
External References & Citations
- chevron-circle-right See the best blackhead removal tools according to Amazon reviews!
- chevron-circle-rightImbeang Blackhead Vacuum Remover Review
- chevron-circle-rightMintbear Blackhead Remover Kit Review
- chevron-circle-rightCidBest Blackhead Remover Kit Review
- chevron-circle-rightChimocee Blackhead Remover Kit Review
- chevron-circle-rightSkinosim Blackhead Remover Kit Review
- chevron-circle-rightAnjou Blackhead Remover Kit Review
- chevron-circle-rightAignis Blackhead Remover Kit Review
- chevron-circle-rightCosBeauty Blackhead Remover Skin Peeling Machine Review
- chevron-circle-rightZoumo Portable Facial Tool Review
- chevron-circle-rightTHZY Blackhead Removal Suction Tool Review