There are countless things that you can paint on your nails, from stripes to geometrical shapes, stars, hearts, and even animals. Whether you do your nails yourself or get them done at the salon, painting animals on your nails is a cute way of making your manicure the center of attention. Because we want to inspire you, we’ve gathered 3 animal nail designs and the steps you need to follow in order to create them.
3 Animal Nail Designs: How to Get Them Done
1. Fish Nails
This is an extremely colorful type of manicure that’s perfect for sea lovers. Of course, you can adapt the design as you wish, but here’s what you have to do for the design in the image below:
- Paint your nails blue.
- Choose the colors you want the fish to be.
- Paint the outline of the fish.
- Fill in the rest.
- Take some white nail polish and paint the fish’s eyes and the bubbles next to their face.
- With a little bit of black nail polish, add a dot on the white of the eyes to complete the design.
The great thing about this design is that it’s extremely easy to do. Since the fish aren’t too detailed, creating an outline and filling it in can be done even by people who can’t draw that well.
2. Cat Nails
Cat nail designs are extremely popular, which is why today, we want to mention a really simple and easy to do one. All you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Paint your nails nude (or any other color you prefer).
- Use black nail polish to draw a small cat paw on three of the nails.
- On the other two nails, draw the outline of a cat.
- Fill in the outline with the cat’s eyes, nose, and whiskers.
What we like about this design is that you can really make it your own. There’s no specific way of drawing the cat, or of how the eyes should look. As you can see in the image above, the eyes of the two cats aren’t alike. If you’re looking for variation, you can use your creativity and add whatever you want to this design.
3. Fox Nails
A bit more advanced than the other two animal nail designs we’ve presented, this one is an adorable summer manicure for people who love foxes. Here’s how to do it:
- Paint your nails white.
- Use light blue nail polish to paint some boughs on your nails, except for the middle finger nail.
- Prepare some orange and black nail polish for the fox design.
- Looking at the image below, draw the outline of the fox using orange nail polish. Keep in mind that the white areas of the fox are already provided by the white background.
- Carefully fill in the outline.
- Using black nail polish, put the finishing touches on the ears, eyes, nose, and paws of the fox.
As long as you carefully look at the picture above while drawing the fox, there’s no reason why your design won’t look amazing. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be exactly as in the picture in order to be cute.
We hope these 3 animal nail designs have inspired you to decorate your nails as creatively as possible whenever you get the chance.