The sweet-smelling oil has so many other uses—beyond moisturizing and sautéeing your garden veggies.
Season Cast Iron
Your grandma probably taught you how to season cast iron with lard or duck fat to make your favorite skillet last forever. But coconut oil is a good substitute if you’d rather stay away from animal fats. It’s also stable at high temperatures and won’t cause stickiness.
While we wouldn’t recommend tossing a straight spoonful of coconut oil in with your whites, you can use it to make homemade laundry soap. Coconut oil works well for this because it’s shelf-stable and produces a good lather in the final product.
Coconut oil is an antiseptic, so it can help cuts heal faster. Some people are using it in place of traditional over-the-counter drugstore salves—just dab it on your wound and cover with a bandage.The antibacterial and antifungal properties in coconut oil make it a great remedy for scrapes and scratches. I’ve used it in place of Neosporin when I cut myself cooking and healed quickly. Be sure to wash the area first with water and hydrogen peroxide. If you have a giant cut you’re going to need something stronger, but for minor cuts and scrapes around the house it makes a wonderful addition to your first aid kit.
Hydrate Your Skin
Coconut oil makes a soothing base for homemade body scrubs. In a small bowl mix up a few tablespoons of melted oil with sugar. Add a couple drops of your favorite essential oil and you have a spa worthy scrub in minutes! Exfoliating the skin 2-3 times a week helps to strengthen the immune system and keep skin extra smooth.
Clean Makeup Brushes
It’s important to clean makeup brushes on a regular basis. Dip the bristles in a little bit of melted coconut oil. Use a paper towel to rub the brush until the makeup is off. Rinse in warm water and let air dry. There are endless ways to use coconnut oil in your life hacks.
Condition Your Hair……Even Your Dog’s Coat!
Coconut oil is wonderful for the hair. It helps to nourish dryness and combats frizz by soothing hair cells. Coconut oil is packed with vitamin E, is deeply conditioning, and super restorative to annoying split ends. Use it in a hair mask to hydrate or even dab on the ends of long hair to prevent further breakage.You may have heard about using coconut oil to deep-condition your hair, but don’t keep all the benefits for yourself. After giving your dog a bath, work some coconut oil into his coat to make it shiny and soft. The oil will also help moisturize dry skin and cut back on that unsavory wet-dog scent.
Our Favorite Coconut Oils
- The product is good to use either way of solid and liquid form
- Purest Form Preserves Nutrients – Each jar is unrefined, organic, and cold-pressed in order to preserve MCTs, silky texture, and pleasant tropical aroma of the coconut
- Rejuvenates and Moisturizes Skin and Hair – Your skin will glow as our cold-pressed oil penetrates and softens the surface and in the layers below. The MCTs in our oil nourish and strengthen your hair, leaving it shiny and lustrous
- Packed With MCTs for Weight Management – The MCTs in coconut oil help your body burn up adipose (fatty) tissue by increasing the efficiency of your metabolism. Each serving of our coconut oil is bursting with these powerful, weight-fighting compounds
- Natural Fungus Fighter – The properties of coconut oil help fight candida and yeast, promoting skin and digestion support. You’ll have a happy gut in no time
- Virgin, cold pressed, unrefined and chemical-free
- PURE Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Made Especially for Beauty. Thicker, Fuller Hair & Supple, Radiant Skin.
- EXCEPTIONALLY High Grade Extra Virgin Coconut Oil for Hair and Skin & Nails
- 5 STARS: “Highest grade, most pure, best tasting coconut oil I have purchased” -Jennifer H.
- DON’T use cooking grade coconut oils , This pure extra virgin organic coconut oil won’t clog pores and has all essential vitamins and nutrients for hair & skin
- The Best Coconut Oil for body, hair, skin, wrinkles, eczema, itchy scalp, anti fungal, anti bacterial, pets, cooking, nails, carrier oil, and treatment for skin and damaged hair
- 100% PURE & NATURAL FRACTIONATED COCONUT OIL: This Coconut Oil moisturizer is 100% natural and made to suit even the most sensitive of skin types. It does not aggravate any pre-existing skin conditions.
- NUMEROUS MULTIPURPOSE USES: Coconut Oil can be made into special receipes to provide the best Aromatherapy sessions. You can mix our oil with other oils to make the perfect massage oils as well
- HELPS HAIR GROW LONGER & STRONGER: Our special brand of coconut oil contains a wonderful balance of saturated fats that helps hair grow in longer, thicker and stronger than ever!
- ✔️ Naturally Nourishing Coconut Oil for Hair - With its unique combination...
- ✔️ Hydrate Naturally With Coconut Oil for Skin - Coconut oil organic is a...
- ✔️ Perfect Coconut Oil for Cooking and Baking - An unrefined coconut oil...
- 100% PURE & NATURAL FRACTIONATED COCONUT OIL - A versatile carrier oil used for...
- COCONUT OIL FOR SKIN – Pure coconut oil is light weight and provides a...
- COCONUT OIL FOR HAIR GROWTH – Coconut hair oil is rich in antioxidants with...
- Boost your energy: BetterBody Foods Naturally Refined Organic Coconut Oil...
- Mutipurpose oil: BetterBody Foods Naturally Refined Organic Coconut Oil works in...
- Better than butter: Naturally Refined Organic Coconut Oil from BetterBody Foods...
Last update on 2022-08-30 at 12:54 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API