Using Chia seeds for weight loss is very beneficial and healthy for your body. These small seeds contain essential nutrients such as magnesium, potassium, calcium and omega-3. They contain 5 grams of fiber per tablespoon. Let’s take a look at these seven ways to include them in your diet.
Make a pudding
Chia seeds can retain many times their own weight in liquid. Therefore, if you soak them in milk or water and you leave them there overnight, you will notice that they will have the texture of pudding. You just need to a little vanilla extract, and maple syrup or honey and you will have a delicious and healthy breakfast. This dish features 4 grams of filling fiber and 4 grams of proteins. What is even more amazing is that it has less than 150 calories.
Use them as topping
When eating yogurt, you can add some crunch by sprinkling some of these seeds. If they sit in liquid for a while, they will look like small gelatinous balls. Consuming only one tablespoon of chia seeds will provide you 3 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber. Furthermore, it will also benefit you with omega-3, potassium, calcium, iron and magnesium.
Add some in your muffins
Try to sprinkle some of these black and white seeds when making muffins, waffles or pancakes. Chia seeds have a neutral flavor. Therefore, you can add them to almost any meal. Replace the poppy seeds in your muffins with some chia seeds, and you will benefit from all those proteins and fiber.
Add chia seeds in your children’s snacks
If you have kids, you surely want to offer them only healthy meals. Besides the variety of fruits you offer them, you should also try giving them a pack of squeeze fruit which contains the seeds. These drinks have several flavors, like green magic, pomegranate, and wild raspberry. Your children will love them!
Bake the seeds into bread
If you prefer to bake bread instead of buying it from the supermarket, then you should definitely try to add chia seeds to your recipe. Aside from the added crunch, you also get a delicious bread which is perfect for your morning toast. You can add low-sugar jam or smashed avocado on top.
You can also try out some snacks which contain chia seeds, like the energy bars from Health Warriors. They are an energizing and tasty snack. You can find flavors like coffee, acai berry, chocolate peanut butter and coconut. Have one of these energy bars before or after your workout. They go perfectly with your morning coffee and are low in calories.
Make some jam
Due to their binding property, you won’t need any pectin when making jam. Just add a little bit of sweetener. For instance, if you decide upon making blueberry jam, add a few tablespoons of honey or maple syrup, ¼ cup chia seeds and a few cups of blueberries. You will obtain a healthy and tasty jam.
Our Favorite Chia Seed Products
- Rebranded from Viva Labs to Viva Naturals – Packaging may vary, no changes to the ingredients
- Nutrient-Dense Superfood – chia seeds are rich in omega-3’s, fiber, protein, and essential vitamins and minerals. Sustain energy levels naturally while helping you stay fuller longer.
- Neutral Taste – chia seeds are virtually tasteless and can be added to your favorite foods. For added texture and protein, add chia seeds to smoothies, oatmeal or yogurt for a satisfying snack.
- Hydrophilic Properties – these mighty seeds hold up to 12x their weight offering powerful thickening abilities. Make a vegan egg substitute using 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to 3 tablespoons of water.
- Organic Chia Seeds, 2.5lb bag
- Certified USDA Organic by CCOF
- Batch Tested and Verified Gluten Free
- Great source of Omega-3 fatty acids, protein, antioxidants and fiber
- Great for salads, smoothies, health bars, granola, cereal or yogurt
- Packed with antioxidants and essential vitamins and minerals such as calcium, magnesium and iron.
- The high fiber, protein, and Omega-3 content in chia seeds makes them a powerful addition to any diet.
- Raw, gluten-free, vegan, nut-free and grain-free, these seeds make great additions to baked goods, salads, smoothies, stir-fries, as a thickener in sauces, and an egg replacement in baking.
- Health works Chia Seeds are sustainably grown and sourced from small farmers in their natural habitats.
- Health works 100% Satisfaction Promise: Get a full refund or replacement within 30 days if you are not completely satisfied
Summing up, chia seeds can be added to almost all recipes due to their neutral taste. They are extremely healthy, providing you a considerable amount of omega-3, calcium, iron and fiber.