Did you know you can use turmeric for white teeth? Lately, it seems like, paradoxically enough, the secret to a 1,000-watt smile rests with various ingredients that would appear to be doing the opposite.
After breaking down the effectiveness of brushing your teeth with activated charcoal, it’s time to talk about yet another teeth-staining-yet-teeth-whitening compound. It may turn your teeth as yellow as a sunflower seed in the beginning, but once that goes away, the benefits are numerous.
- It can relieve various oral problems due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- The antibacterial powers strike down harmful organisms.
- Can contribute to the strengthening of your teeth by nourishing them with vitamin C, magnesium, and calcium.
6 Tips on Using Turmeric for White Teeth
#1 Plain Turmeric
The simplest approach is to wet your toothbrush and gently dip it in turmeric powder, brushing your teeth afterwards. But if you don’t like the texture of the powder, you can create a water-based mixture instead by blending the two together. You should let the substance rest for about 3 to 5 minutes before rinsing and then follow up with a regular toothpaste brush.
#2 Turmeric Toothpaste
Take ¼ of a teaspoon of turmeric (it should be organic to actually show effects) and mix it with 1/8 teaspoon of melted coconut oil. Dip your toothbrush in and then scrub gently to teeth. Again, let it sit for a maximum for 5 minutes before rinsing and then brush with your normal toothpaste.
#3 Turmeric Mouthwash
If you can handle the taste, a mouthwash might be a better alternative for those that are constantly rushing and want to avoid the 5-minute sitting period. Stir ½ teaspoon of turmeric in a half-filled glass of water. Keep the mixture in your mouth for 1 minute and during that time, swish it around to cleanse thoroughly. Repeat the process daily for the best of results.
#4 Turmeric Root
A turmeric mouthwash might sound crazy, but it’s definitely near as crazy as this method. Well, it’s only crazy if you’re particularly iffy about chewing on turmeric root for up to 5 minutes. After you’re down munching on it, rinse thoroughly to remove stains. Finally, repeat daily.
#5 Spiced Turmeric Tea
- 1 cup of regular milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of ginger
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of clove.
Boil the ingredients and then sweeten with honey to give it a more pleasant taste. Drink this tea regularly, on a daily basis, if you want to see the results.
- Turmeric can damage the enamel of your teeth, which is why you should build up its strength by brushing only around 3 times a week.
- Be careful when using turmeric since it really stains everything from skin to clothing.
- Consult your doctor beforehand since certain conditions discourage the use of turmeric.
Turmeric for white teeth is something that will actually work, so it’s definitely worth a shot. Therefore, as long as you keep these precautions in mind, you’ll be able to make your teeth shine in a safe and natural manner.